Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket Point Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket Point Ideas?

Hi Everyone, so I got a nice 9.9 pound (mid size?) brisket from Porter Road. I separated the point from the flat (about 4lbs) which is becoming corned beef for St. Patrick's day. So now what to do about the smallish point? I know about burnt ends and I do like them, but what other ideas do you all have for making something delicious with the well marbled point?

Ok two things...

First - pastrami? Or simply nicely smoked? mmmm point.

Second - I have to ask give your form name and avatar... you're not by any chance the person behind https://twitter.com/EffinBirds are you?

Comment

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      ^^^^This! Point pastrami is DA BOMB!

• mnavarre
      mnavarre commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, cure it, make pastrami, cool it down and slice it *thin*. Then slap a pile in a skillet or on a flattop, top it with some swiss or gruyere, chop it up and put it in a soft roll with Russian dressing or mustard and top with Kraut. Boom, Pastrami steak.

Well, I just ground a 5 lb point for some nice thick brisket burgers. Vac sealed and waiting in the freezer.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      They make great burgers for sure !!

Philly's, chili, stew, quesadillas, burritos, spaghetti and breakfast hash to name a few.

Comment

ropa vieja might be really good with the point, too

Comment

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Cuban Beef sounds good from the recipes I read.
        See, you BBQ'ers post ideas for one and it is for all.
        Verity is the BBQ of life.

Originally posted by rickgregory View Post
      Ok two things...

First - pastrami? Or simply nicely smoked? mmmm point.

Second - I have to ask give your form name and avatar... you're not by any chance the person behind https://twitter.com/EffinBirds are you?
      Thank you rickgregory for the suggestions! While I am on Twitter, I have the same handle as here. I wish I were that creative!
      Last edited by efincoop; March 13, 2021, 09:07 AM.

Comment

A friend of mine said that he had smoked pastrami burnt ends at a BBQ joint. Said they were fantastic.

Comment

+1 on the pastrami. I bought corned beef points last year about this time. The pastrami they made was noticeably better than that made from flats. If I could only use one recipe from this site it would be the pastrami.

Comment

I love to smoke it, then slice it thin and make brisket tacos. That is on the menu tonight at the cabin, actually. Gonna be good!

Comment

Thank you all for the suggestions. I would love to do pastrami, but fridge space is tight and the flat that is in brine for corned beef is taking up the space I have, so I am going with smoking the point whole and then possibly making burnt part of it.

Comment

Can't beat a good brisket sandwich, especially on homemade bread. That is what I just had for breakfast: Smoked wagyu point on toasted sourdough.

Comment

Guys he's making corn beef out of the flat, he could easily do pastrami from there. Making pastrami from the rest is somewhat redundant. Anyway, I'm going to go all Tex-Mex on this one. I actually have this on my radar screen;

Smoked Brisket Carne Guisada

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here