Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ Bourbon Pork & Beans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ Bourbon Pork & Beans

Click image for larger version

Name:	AE846D06-F476-4A7B-A5B3-AFBFFD6F255F.jpeg
Views:	297
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	874200Click image for larger version

Name:	30BF36BE-293C-439C-9EEF-D94D7594ED7D.jpeg
Views:	270
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	874201 Smoked a couple shoulder chunks over a CI pot of bourbon bbq beans. Drippings and chopped up pork made them really good! (Got a tough batch of beans tho. Took a while.)

Good idea, I need to try this method

Comment

Looks an sounds like a Fine mess o beans.
      Kinda partial to some beans, here; reckon, some might call it obsessed lol
      12" Loop-Handle skillet?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Bones View Post
        Looks an sounds like a Fine mess o beans.
        Kinda partial to some beans, here; reckon, some might call it obsessed lol
        12" Loop-Handle skillet?
        Just a 5qt. Dutch oven. Worked great. Photo doesn’t show it clearly🙄.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          I can see it now, Larry...
          First off, thought it was a Chicken Fryin skillet, but no handle...do defaulted to loop skillet.

Reckon yer photo is jus fine; mebbe it's my perceptive skillz that need some improvin upon...

I think I see what you are doing but would like to be sure..........I think you have the CI on the main cooking grate of a Weber kettle, with a smaller grate on top of CI with smoking butts atop that.......and if so, will the domed kettle lid close like that so you can regulate smoke and heat? If so looks like something I might try. Please clarify and thanks.

Comment

• Texas Larry
          Texas Larry commented
          Editing a comment
          Right, sorry for bad pic. The uncovered pot was on the main kettle grate with the pork on a rack over it. Smoked the pork first for an hour started the beans indoors then moved them to the grill under the pork. As the pork got tender I chopped it up and added it to he pot. Used the Weber charcoal baskets on either side with chunks of oak I had available. The kettle managed to hang around 250-275 all day adding fuel once.
          Last edited by Texas Larry; July 4, 2020, 06:30 AM.

• Texas Larry
          Texas Larry commented
          Editing a comment
          Also, the pork prices were fairly small so the lid closed fine with good clearance. Might not work with a whole butt. A lower rack on a CI skillet might handle it.

That looks soooo good.

Comment

Thanks Texas Larry for the detailed description. I like your idea and must try that!

Comment

I made the beans yesterday and they are very good. I placed the pot in the KBQ under the ribs I was cooking. This will be a go-to recipe.

Comment

• Texas Larry
              Texas Larry commented
              Editing a comment
              Glad you enjoyed! We sure did.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here