Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bean salsa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bean salsa

Today I will be grilling up some cajun chicken thighs to have for the week. I want to make chicken tacos with a bean salsa. Does anyone have ideas for the salsa?
    Last edited by Whiskeyman53; June 28, 2020, 04:30 PM.

You could do a pico de gallo type salsa, and add beans to it. Would be simple and have some added bite to it with the beans.

Comment

What beans ya got? Black? Pinto? Them'd be my first two choices fer a salsa, though any would work...

Comment

Texas Caviar might work for you.

Comment

• Whiskeyman53
          Whiskeyman53 commented
          Editing a comment
          Help me out, what is Texas caviar, my in-laws were from San Antonio and would make cowboy caviar, is there a difference?

• LA Pork Butt
          LA Pork Butt commented
          Editing a comment
          @Wiskeyman53 The recipe in the following post is pretty much mine with the exception of black eyed peas for black beans and zesty Italian dressing for rotel.

This might work for ya, its easy and really good, we make it as an appetizer with tortilla chips,
        1 can black beans
        1can corn
        1can rotel
        chopped red onion
        minced garlic
        lots of cilantro
        splash of lime
        let refrigerate over night
        you could always add stuff like pineapple, jalapeno ect Click image for larger version

Name:	20200620_114351.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	871204

Comment

• Red Man
          Red Man commented
          Editing a comment
          I was thinking bean and corn salsa as well.

• Skip
          Skip commented
          Editing a comment
          marshall I just made this with the pineapple and added a little Videlia Onion dressing it was great! Thanks for the recipe.

Thanks, looks like I'll give it a try, pineapple as well. I think I'll grill the pineapple for a little sweetness with the heat.

Comment

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds good!

Just made the salsa using the recipe from Marshall with the ideas from other members to include red wine vinegar and oil and fresh tomatoes in place of rotel. I also added the grilled pineapple and extra cayenne pepper. It's a winner, the sweet pineapple blending with the vinegar and heat is perfect to have with the Cajun grilled chicken thighs.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here