Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scaling baked bean recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scaling baked bean recipe

Greetings. I have been tasked with putting on a pulled pork feed for 500 people. I am thinking of Meathead’s Simple Boston Baked Beans as a side, but can’t figure out how to scale the recipe. Can anyone help?

thanks in advance.

If you’re ok with measuring everything by weight then yes ... otherwise it’ll be difficult.

Comment

• cmgans
      cmgans commented
      Editing a comment
      Weight is fine. I prefer it actually. I did a little research and figure I need 25 Gallons of finished product.

What cookers will you be using? For both the beans and the shoulders, or are you going whole hog?

Comment

• cmgans
      cmgans commented
      Editing a comment
      I will be using a GMG Big Pig for both. Going with Butts, approximately 300 lbs. raw weight.

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      Perfect weight for the meat. Probably end up with 1/2 lb a person. I have a baked bean recipe that I like that serves 6, so I just scale it up to fit the # of people.

cmgans - Here's a link to an Excel spreadsheet designed for managing and scaling ingredients by weight. It includes instructions and examples. If you need help with it (or if you're just not an Excel person) let me know and I'll be happy to help you out.

Also, if the link isn't working, let me know and I'll get it fixed (Dropbox can be difficult at times).

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here