Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tomorrow's project. Canned pork and beans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomorrow's project. Canned pork and beans

Tomorrow i am going to try my hand at pressure canning some pork and beans.. I have wanted to do this for a while but haven't got around to it.. this should be an interesting run. Does anyone here can stuff or pressure can meat?? If not u are missing out!!

Sounds cool!

Comment

Interesting I'd love to see the process. Post some pics of how you do it.

Comment

I will.. might be good or terrible..

Comment

We like to see it all! The good the bad AND the ugly.

Comment

My money sez ya got this, but it'd always be nice to hear from them what cans alla th time, some tips/tricks/techniques, etc.

Comment

Sound interesting, and I also vote for pictures of the project if possible, will this be your first attempt or your honed recipe or somewhere in between?

Comment

Full 15lb pressure. Use the times from the Bell Book. New lids. Don't be poisoning anyone. My wife has done a lot of this in the past.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing pics and learning how you do it.

Comment

This will be my first attempt a bean. The wife and I can a ton of stuff.. just never tried beans..

Comment

Being young, having kids, and trying to live on E-4 pay, we canned almost everything under the sun. But we never even thought of trying to can meat. Spam and the like was cheap at the exchange. Does take me back to
                      the feeling of security having boxes of home canned food stuffed under every bed in the house.

Comment

We have canned green beans and tomatoes for years. Seams like the older we get the less we can.
                        And speaking of beans, I love Campbell's Pork N Beans with a little brown sugar and Mustard added. I have tried even buying scratch recipes but never found anything even close to the real thing. If anyone has one I would love it if you would share.

Comment

We can everything. Pickles. Pork sausage apple pie filling. Beef broth. Peaches.chicken. bloody Mary mix. Spaghetti sauce.. pizza sauce. Tomato soup . Maple syrup.. you get the point Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190116_072254212.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	623890

Comment

• Backroadmeats
                            Backroadmeats commented
                            Editing a comment
                            It looks like a lot but my kids can eat.. last year we made 75 quarts of pickles and ran out in this spring.. so we did 100 quarts this year.. wonder if we will make it this year..

• Spinaker
                            Spinaker commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Dang, this is impressive!

• Attjack
                            Attjack commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Awesome.

I've heard of a lot of home-canned items, but BLOODY MARY MIX!!!! Freakin' Awesome!!!!

Comment

• tdimond
                            tdimond commented
                            Editing a comment
                            My mom has what she calls tomato juice cocktail that she cans. She's a teetotaller. But it does make good Bloody Marys!

Now that is impressive.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here