Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Hill of Beans III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• klflowers
    replied
    The problem I would probably have making Mr. Bones beans would be that as I put a shot in the beans, I would need to put a shot (or 2) into me...

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    replied
    My wife does the beans in our house - I am going to get here to add brisket next time though. She uses Showboat brand - I had never heard of them but boy are they good when she finishes doctoring them up. Even when she just uses ground turkey they are great. I'll see if she will share the recipe.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    replied
    I think you need more booze....

Leave a comment:

• DeusDingo
    commented on 's reply
    beans for breakfast is bad for dinner guests

• Dadof3Illinois
    replied
    Try some chipotle peppers and the adobo sauce in there!!! I also add some corn and mango for sweetness sometimes.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    I leave it in, to extract maximum flavour, before discardin...

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    7 lbs of beans + 3 lbs meat, add veggies, etc...
    So, not as much alcohol per servin as ya might be envisionin...
    Still, enough to enjoy th flavour!

I'm likin yer take on beans, I'll haveta give some of that a try!

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    4 x 28 oz cans HV baked beans, Onion, Homestyle, Country Style, an Original, 1 can each...this time, anyway
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; December 23, 2018, 01:03 PM.

• mrteddyprincess
    replied
    Do you pull the kitchen sink out of the beans before you serve them or do you just leave it in there?!?

Love the recipe!

Leave a comment:

• Oakgrovebacon
    replied
    Your recipe looks great! But how many and what kind of beans?

Leave a comment:

• Frozen Smoke
    replied
    I think you need to call 'em Hangover Beans! There's enough booze in there to give you one! I put a couple ounce of Apple Jack whiskey in my beans and some pineapple or peach chunks.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Probly ain't gotta mention, beans fer breakfast is a good thing...

Pleasant dreams, Amigo!

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    Ain't nothing better than fresh beans .... sleep well Brother

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    A Most Excellent idea, Brother!

Lookin forward with eager anticipation, an freshly tasted beans on my lips...

Oven's down to 170°, now, an I'm headed to beddy-bye...
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; December 21, 2018, 12:40 AM.

• ecowper
    replied
    Mr. Bones ... I think you and I need to cook beans together sometime ... we've got the same damn attitude towards them and all

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here