Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Hill of Beans III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smokenoob
    commented on 's reply
    as far as I'm concerned, there are only two choices.....entry and beans.........the rest is just to please the vegetable police.....

• smokenoob
    commented on 's reply
    no brainer! S3HB!

• Santamarina
    replied
    I consider Beans my weak spot when it comes to barbecue sides. There is so much good stuff here (in this post and others) that I’m really gonna have to step up my bean game

Mr. Bones, thanks for the continual inspiration!

Leave a comment:

• smokenoob
    commented on 's reply
    ha! found a way round the text limit din't I!

• smokenoob
    commented on 's reply
    ed in the brussle sprout capitol of the world! fell off the trucks! where was I.....Oh, and doc said no beans......

I gave him four out of five......so.....yer beans lookin' killa bro!

• smokenoob
    commented on 's reply
    Well, I woulda been back sooner but I got back to the interweb and it wanted proof of ID. CRS got the best of me and it took a while so I took a splash. Cleared that up and now I'm tryin to remember why I came here.....Oh yeah.....beans!
    So, way back when after many excursions on the ....wait, ya don't need to know that. Ah after some serious expansions so to speak, doc said: no more broc, no more cali (not California but I would agrre with that), no cooked cabage, no brussle sprouts (and I live

• gcdmd
    replied
    Bones, do you drain your canned beans before adding them to the pot?

Leave a comment:

• painter
    replied
    I'm on the edge of my seat! I don't know whether to dial into Hill Street Blues, Hamburger Hill or season 3 of Hill of Beans featuring Mr Bones...

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    holla when ya git back, brotha!
    Always my pleasure to converse with ya!

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Point Well Made, Brother!
    I'll see if I can come up with a comprehensive list...

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Blop is, decidely, a proper cookin term, Amigo...
    Th way I learned to turn up / down gravy, sauces, etc., was by BPM, ie.: "Blops Per Minute"!!!
    Still do, to this very dang day

• smokenoob
    replied
    cool beans!
    ah, think I have to leave the room for a minute, be right back!

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Somebody, earlier, mighta kinda implied that My brother Matt was a sizeable feller...
    I have no Official Comment on this particular subject, but, do, humbly submit this here pic of him, an DeeDee...th other two characters are Alan, an Mikey...
    Shadow: Courtesy of Yers, Truly...
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20181221_110811.jpg Views:	1 Size:	5.26 MB ID:	611250
    DeeDee, givin us a lil peek: You GO, Girlfriend!!!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20181221_110831.jpg Views:	1 Size:	5.44 MB ID:	611251
    DeeDee, Struttin Her Sweet Stuff...
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20181221_110839.jpg Views:	1 Size:	5.15 MB ID:	611254
    This brings us, neatly, back to th subject of beans..
    Hangover Beans®, stayin warm on a stove with 'A Story, or two'
    Matt's Most Excellent Beans are in th DO, to th LH, Slow cooker on th lil table was th landin/holdin place fer chicken legs...
    Notice th residual oak chunks, cut up fer th Weber chicken smoker, to an anonymous AR member's specs...
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20181221_110853.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.62 MB ID:	611263
    Bean Brothers, standin by, in th trenches, until needed..
    Pulled Pork is in th Oven!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20181221_110903.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.51 MB ID:	611272
    Th Runway, at this point, uncluttered by foods:It got purty busy, at Go Time, but I didn't take me no pics...I was hungry!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; December 23, 2018, 01:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Matt stayed up all night, fightin his stickburner in our prevailin 25-30 mph winds, to make these phenomenal pork butts...(I tossed in a 9.8 lber )

He showed up to work in sweatpants, (Supervisor), an I artfully evaded mannin th 22.5 Weber (DD) I transported to work... busy, an all that, ya know...

So Matt, an Brother Alan cooked up alla th chicken legs on DeeDee, since I was 'otherwise engaged'...

DeeDee made her first public debut, cookin fer this lot...I am of th opinion that DeeDee will reside at my present workplace, fer th immediate future...*

If I'm gone, in late JAN, as they have recently foretold us of, well, then, DeeDee goes with me, dang it!

*Gives me some room to hit up CL, again

Edit>> DeeDee came home,with me, yesterday...(08MAR19)

She had intimated that she was Homesick, multiple times, so here she'll be, at FBB, until we all go walkabout, again...
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; December 23, 2018, 01:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    So, due to my mad skillz at delegatin, powers of suggestion, an ability to skillfully evade direct questionin, Matt volunteered to cook our main proteins!

He's a Bama bred bbq guy, so I knew I could implicitly trust in his cue abilities. Bonus is, I got to sleep, some...
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; December 22, 2018, 05:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here