Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mom Loveridge's Family BBQ Beans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mom Loveridge's Family BBQ Beans

Here's an easy-to-make baked bean recipe our family loves (Kudos to my wife, Diane Loveridge!). Feel free to experiment, adjust, etc., to taste:

DIANE LOVERIDGE’S BEANS

2 - 14 oz. cans Nallies Original Chili
    1 - 14 oz. can Stagg’s (or Cattle Drive Gold) Chili
    (Or, use your favorite chili.)
    2 - 14 oz. cans black beans (rinsed)
    2 - 14 oz. cans kidney beans (rinsed)
    1 ½ lbs. natural Jimmy Dean Sausage (cooked)
    1-2 packages of bacon (cooked and cut into 1/2"pieces)
    1/2 cup sweet onion, diced and sauteed
    1/2 green pepper, diced and sauteed
    1 ½ lbs. hamburger (Form into 3 patties; grill or fry ; season with
    McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning, then break into small chunks.)
    ¾ C. Famous Dave’s BBQ Sauce
    1 C. Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce (or, use your favorites!)
    ½ - 1 C. brown sugar
    Yellow mustard (add to taste; use more than you think necessary)
    ----------------------------------------------
    COMBINE INGREDIENTS; SIMMER FOR 30 MINUTES. SERVE WARM. BEST ON SECOND DAY.
    Last edited by Mayhem Mike; July 31, 2014, 03:36 PM.

Wow, is that a meat recipe with beans? Cool!

Comment

• Mayhem Mike
      Mayhem Mike commented
      Editing a comment
      The beans seem to be an afterthought! ("Beans? What beans? We don't need no stinkin' beans!!")

Do you serve these as an entree or a side dish. If a main course, what do you recommend goes good with them?

Comment

• bep35
      bep35 commented
      Editing a comment
      As a side. They are awesome! I have used variations of this recipe several times and it always comes out great. Change the chili, sauce, spices, meat or whatever and you have a completely different taste, but they're still awesome. I put them in a foil pan and smoke them right alongside the ribs for the same amount of time. Stir them about every hour so the smokey goodness gets distributed through the beans and you will go back to this recipe again and again. They are even better as leftovers or for a quick snack.

bep35 do you mean like this? I smoked my bacon on top in the pellet smoker.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1439[1].JPG
Views:	157
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	28890

Comment

Mike, just looking at the ingredients the dish looks awesome. My keyboard is shorting out.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here