Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rancho Gordo Beans and Bean Club

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had no idea they were so in demand.

I just recently made a vat of some big ole type of RG big black/dark beans we had in dry storage and used them for taco Tuesday. Came about to almost a 22 qt cambro full. They were awesome when they were finished.
    Last edited by HouseHomey; September 27, 2020, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like an Epic batch of beans. Brotherman!

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Those black beans are awesome

I love Rancho Gordo shopping day! picked up some of their new stuff and some of their stuff that I already know I like

2 lbs Santa Maria Pinquitos
    2 lbs Cranberry beans
    2 lbs Santanero Negro Delgado Beans
    2 lbs Alubia Blanca Beans

Comment

• mnavarre
      mnavarre commented
      Editing a comment
      The pinquito beans are so damn good.

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      mnavarre with Tri-Tip!

I watched Gabriela Cámara’s Masterclass and that was probably my third or fourth time hearing an endorsement for these beans. Totally worth it. I was skeptical that beans could be any different, but I plan on having borracho beans in my fridge forever. Also: eggs poached bean broth is a whole thing that I didn’t know I needed.

Comment

I tried to BBQ beans but they kept falling through the Grill.

Thanks for info. Instapot just arrived yesterday. Got it with an Air-Fryer, and it has a sous vide setting.

Comment

Gigantes, cranberry, Coronas are my favs.

Comment

mmmmMarcella beans. Yummmmm.

I heart Rancho Gordo beans. Their garbanzos and hominy are great as well.

Kathryn

Comment

• ecowper
            ecowper commented
            Editing a comment
            Marcella beans are still out of stock :-(

• Bkhuna
            Bkhuna commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm trying to get some hominy but they're out again.

I’m getting low on RG beans but all the ones I want are out of stock. 😩

Comment

Ordered them yesterday.
            2# Domingo Beans
            2# Flageolet beans
            2# Alubia Blanca beans
            They do seem to be running out faster these days. I have been using them for about 10 years. I guess people have found out about them. That and because of Covid there is more on line shopping.

Comment

I got 9 bags of Rancho Gordo beans the other day. I am actually giving them out for Christmas presents this year. I don't think I'll ever buy supermarket beans again.

Comment

CBS Sunday Morning had a segment featuring Rancho Gordo this morning. Very interesting and enjoyable. I wish I wasn’t the only person in my household who can eat beans.☹️ The waitlist for the club is now 11,000 people long.

Comment

I have worked with them personally. My neighbor at my old job is a retailer, so I get what I want when I want 😋

Comment

• ofelles
                    ofelles commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I use to like you.

• SheilaAnn
                    SheilaAnn commented
                    Editing a comment
                    ofelles 🤣🤣🤣

• SheilaAnn
                    SheilaAnn commented
                    Editing a comment
                    ofelles if I got your name in Secret Santa, I was going to send beans! 🤣🤣🤣

I finally broke and ordered some of these infamous beans. Looking forward to it.

Comment

• fzxdoc
                    fzxdoc commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think you may mean famous. Unless beans can live a nefarious lifestyle that I don't know about.

Kathryn

I received my Rancho Gordo Bean Club delivery yesterday. Interesting stuff. I already cooked up the black garbanzos in the Instant Pot in anticipation of a delicious Indian meal tomorrow night. And I love their popcorn. Some of the beans in the delivery topped off some supplies that were running low, which was good.

I backed down from the 4 times per year delivery to the 2 times per year. At 6 lbs of beans (at least) per delivery, my dried beans pantry shelf was groaning. Husband will sometimes eat beans but not always. The Rancho Gordo Bean Club Lite plan turns out to be just right for me. I still get free shipping if I want to order anything in between. Plus it opens a slot for another RG Bean Club Lite member to come on board. Win-win.

Kathryn

Comment

First, I read "Bean Club" and thought now if ever there was a club for me and my love of all things bean. Then a read $40 a quarter and realized maybe there are people out there that like beans a lot more than i do, which until this morning I would not have thought possible. So i guess you do learns something new every day.

But if you do get any kind of interesting beans\grains and learn some new interesting recipes please share them and enjoy your new adventure.

Comment

I might have a small problem

Click image for larger version

Name:	E236CA54-8099-423D-93FF-7898DD923519.jpeg
Views:	420
Size:	264.1 KB
ID:	951743

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here