Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rancho Gordo Beans and Bean Club

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yakima
    commented on 's reply
    "bequeath"

• Bkhuna
    commented on 's reply
    fzxdoc The same recipe I was looking at. La Pina is a great site.

• SheilaAnn
    commented on 's reply
    I got to think8ng yakima about waitlist timing. Does a space open up once a person drops out? One of my regulars at work just dropped out. Had I known he was going to do that, I would have asked that he bequest (right word?) me the space! 😝

Kinda like handing down season tickets to the packers! I hear that’s a thing.

• yakima
    commented on 's reply
    My main interest, SheilaAnn, is the waitlist length. We have
    the article, several years ago, indicating 11,000. My personal experience is that I can order enough beans for free shipping, and order when I want. And, I live in Central Washington, its own bean country. What AR and RG may choose to do in terms of collaboration is beyond my jurisdiction.

• yakima
    commented on 's reply
    ecowper. SheilaAnn, That is/was the unspoken second part of the assignment. As Meathead's acolytes and widespread band of influencers, cut us a deal!

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    SheilaAnn might be interesting to see some kind of alignment between Rancho Gordo and Pitmaster!
    Last edited by ecowper; November 26, 2023, 08:15 PM.

• SheilaAnn
    commented on 's reply
    I accept the assignment yakima however, I cannot guarantee results, sir. 🫡

Seriously, let me ask my boss tomorrow 🙌🏼

• yakima
    replied
    SheilaAnn. You seem to be tight with Mr. Sando and Rancho Gordo. Your assignment, should you choose to accept, is to determine how long the waitlist is for membership in the limited, exclusive, coveted, bean club.

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    I've got a beef posole verde recipe too, Bkhuna . Just came across two recipes for beef verde a couple of weeks ago and thought it would be fun to try as an alternative to pork posole verde. I plan on using smoked pulled chuck in it.

The recipes I have for it are:
    Beef pozole verde! And here I was thinking I had shared a lot of pozole recipes! Why do I enjoy maiz, hominy so much? There is just something about the aroma when it's cooking up

and (I'd add posole to this even though it's not called for)
    In this chile verde con carne (beef green chili), tender cubes of chuck roast swim in a tangy sauce bright with long green chiles and tomatillos.

Kathryn

• yakima
    commented on 's reply
    You special bean club members have a homework assignment. Please use your insider influence and charm to find out how long the waiting list is. And to lobby for priority status for AR members.

• Bkhuna
    commented on 's reply
    I got hominy among others yesterday in my box. Pozole here we come. I got a recipe for beef pozole in salsa verde I've been waiting to try.

• Alan Brice
    replied
    I also received a couple of sticks of soft cinnamon. Always a surprise. Great for holiday drinks.

Leave a comment:

• Mosca
    commented on 's reply
    I had goat once, but that was over 30 years ago (1987). I do remember enjoying it, but when I returned to the USA I didn’t feel compelled to search it out. At the time I was of fairly simple needs, wants, and means anyhow, so it wasn’t going to happen regardless. But I would definitely eat it again.

• hoovarmin
    replied
    Just added my name to the waiting list to join the bean club. If we have a Rancho Gordo insider here in the Pit, please pull a few strings for me!

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    replied
    I received my 4th Quarter RG Bean Club box of goodies, so I'm all set. They had a new bean variety in it, a small white round one called Coco. That's part of the fun of the Bean Club, getting a variety that is in short supply so doesn't make it to the website for a while, if ever. With the free shipping on my next order code from the Club, I'm going to get some hominy and hot sauce.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here