Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mystery Dinner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mystery Dinner!

the eternal "Whaddaya want for dinner" bit. don't we all LOVE it? well, tonight, we decided to see about something in the freezer. we start pulling out bags. he grabs one.....Beans... something scrabbled beside the word beans. whatever it is, it's got beans. and the Y can't write :sigh: so, we decided to do Mystery Dinner. put the bag in the sous vide and we'll see what we have.

made up a small skillet of cornbread.

drumroll please........

we're eating BBQ Baked BEans made from drip under the last cook. bit of a twist on the pintos and cornbread and still a really good dinner for mystery freezer dinner!!

Sounds good to me Karon.

Comment

• Karon Adams
      Karon Adams commented
      Editing a comment
      It was!!

Hahahahahaha. I'm not allowed to write on the freezer bags for that very reason. If it was not buried it was a recent cook and I used to pretend I could read my writing. It was nothing but recollection. Many mysteries ago the pen was taken out of my hand.

Comment

Karon, my wife gets a huge kick outta you calling Hubby "Y". She doesn't cook, but is your biggest fan.

Comment

• Karon Adams
        Karon Adams commented
        Editing a comment
        tell her I'm glad she likes it. What's her name? I like having fans!!

• Lowjiber
        Lowjiber commented
        Editing a comment
        Her name is Dana. She's a Former Marine Sergeant... quicker than two cats and harder than a pop bottle.

I was cooking when we met, and she was at the Ramen Noodle stage of cooking. The combination worked, so we left it alone. LOL

• Karon Adams
        Karon Adams commented
        Editing a comment
        Tell your wife she's MY Hero! Growing up, I always watched Gomer Pyle (my father loved him form Andy Griffith) and I ALWAYS wanted to be the Lady Lieutenant! My folks and a lot of family were Navy and I wanted to be too but, knee injury in Jr high prevented it. but I LOVE the Swabbies & Marines!

Why does this remind me of a weekly dinner my mom would make, when I was a child??

All left overs during the week would get frozen. Once a week, it would all go into a soup/stew.

Good stuff there!! Usually one of my favorite meals.

Comment

I use the same term that Lucy used when Ricky came home and asked, "Lucy, what's for dinner?"

She replied, "Srevotfel".

(That's "Leftovers" spelled backwards.)
        Last edited by Lowjiber; March 6, 2017, 08:22 AM.

Comment

• Karon Adams
          Karon Adams commented
          Editing a comment
          (swiping THAT one right NOW!)

So funny cause it happens to me.. I'm a Y chromosome and always tell myself I don't need to label the bags I can tell what's in them ....hmmm
        Until I pull out a bag thinking its a skin on chicken breast and it turns out to be a duck breast.. Not a bad thing but I also have bags of stuff I don't remember or recognize anymore... Or how long they been in the freezer... Note to myself - start labeling!!!!!
        ​​​​​​​

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here