Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Louisiana Red Beans and Rice, #theRibShack Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do miss Lake Charles....Lived there for many years. Once a year I order about 50-75 pounds of sausage from Louisiana due to the fact I can not find anything local that will compare.
    Last edited by DuckinBBQ; April 17, 2018, 03:09 PM.

Comment

• Dr ROK
      Dr ROK commented
      Editing a comment
      And come to find out, the sausage was actually from Mississippi!

• DuckinBBQ
      DuckinBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      It does sound like the flavor profile of that Mississippi sausage worked for him. With a smile on his face. Yum!!!

• PaulstheRibList
      PaulstheRibList commented
      Editing a comment
      Dude, if you come back to town for any reason..

Welcome DuckinBBQ

Comment

@Ionnie mac, that long low cook, "lid on"?

Do you chop the bacon after cooking?

Your 'roux' is? Do u pull some beans mash then re-add.

I'm modifying this and adding your suggestions:

Every Monday, you can find a pot of red beans and rice cooking in someone’s kitchen in New Orleans The food writer and New Orleans bon vivant Pableaux Johnson’s house is no exception The dish, an easy meal from when people used to reserve Monday to do the wash, was once made with the pork bone left over from Sunday supper

Comment

Several years ago my wife and I went to a funeral in Waco. On the way back, we wanted to eat in Louisiana, so we made a detour to Crawdaddy’s Kitchen in Shreveport. We ordered red beans and rice. They never brought the rice but we didn’t miss it - we just ate the big bowl of beans. Best I ever had, and my cousins husband is from New Orleans, so I have had some good stuff.

Got to make me some soon.

Comment

We are celebrating me and my brother-in-law's birthdays coming Saturday. The menu is baby backs with 3 different sauces, coleslaw, grilled red skins and baked beans. After looking at the pics at the top of the thread, I texted my brother-in-law to see if he'd be down with me switching to cajun red beans and rice. He gave a big thumbs up. I haven't made it in a few years and it had gotten out of sight-out of mind. Thankfully, this thread popped into my messages inbox because of a recent post.

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
          PaulstheRibList commented
          Editing a comment
          Have big fun!!! They are so great!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here