Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best beans I’ve ever made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best beans I’ve ever made

Click image for larger version

Name:	2458777A-02B2-43DA-8A8C-610AC78D4923.jpeg
Views:	280
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	1151419 Click image for larger version

Name:	2F9DC37C-2139-46CA-84E5-15EC0116AE8D.jpeg
Views:	282
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	1151420 Click image for larger version

Name:	0303C676-B134-4746-84A5-04DB1AF68525.jpeg
Views:	278
Size:	168.2 KB
ID:	1151421 Click image for larger version

Name:	D4013EA4-B11B-46CF-B222-A1E5E1C36A22.jpeg
Views:	282
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	1151418 I’m not a huge bean guy. Most of the time I’ve made from dry they end up a little disappointing.

But, I had a big ol’ ham bone and thought I’d try to do something good with it.

On previous posts I got excited about Rancho Gordo and bought a bunch but they’ve been in my pantry for a couple months.

Anyway, I thought I’d give it a whirl. Gotta say, these were incredible. I couldn’t stop eating them out of the pot.

I found a good white bean dip and made that. It too was rediculously good.

Here’re pics.

Attached Files

That looks great.

Comment

Those are the yellow eyed peas, huh? What did you put in the dip? Sometimes I will do cannellini and add roasted garlic, olive oil and rosemary. So tasty on pita chips!

Comment

A ham bone can make almost any beans taste great!

Comment

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          Wisdom right there

Click image for larger version

Name:	8B810AAF-5240-436A-91DD-6A143AD0153E.png
Views:	216
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	1151707 SheilaAnn Roasted he whole head of garlic and then squeezed them into the food processor w the rest of the ingredients.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          Sweet!

I found a good white bean dip
        Can we'uns git a receipt fer yer 'white bean dip', please?

Comment

• JCBBQ
          JCBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Bones and SheilaAnn the "one whole sprig" of rosemary is fried in 1 TBSP olive oil and then you pour that oil over the top and use the sprig for garnish. Sizzle it for about a minute per side to infuse the oil.

• JCBBQ
          JCBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Also olive oil - 1 tsp w the head of garlic, 4TBS into the mix, 1TBS for the rosemary sprig…in case the above wasn’t clear.

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          thanks fer th assist, pkadare ,didn't spot it!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here