Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Can't Believe This Happened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Can't Believe This Happened

So one of the problems with divorce is the unraveling of shared assets, such as credit cards. During the process we closed all of our shared accounts and opened individual ones. Unfortunately one of the cards I closed was the one attached to my Rancho Gordo bean club membership. They tried to charge for the latest shipment and it was rejected, so they kicked me out. Now I am back to the end of the line

Call em and explain what happened. I’ll bet they would try to take care of you.

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I called them and got an answering machine. I left a message.

Life goes on, brother. You'll grieve, you'll weep, and then you'll pull yourself together, dry those tear-stained eyes and then resolutely rejoin the bean world! You got this!!!

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      It's not like I need more beans lol. I just like the idea of it.

That does not speak well of Rancho Gordo's customer service. Cards get rejected all the time for all sorts of reasons. Sometimes you get a new card and forget to update your info. I'm surprised they didn't give you a courtesy call and give you a chance to update your information.

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      They sent me an email but I read so many work related emails that my personal email gets neglected. Huskee, now that you mention it, I need to change the card that is on my AR account. If you guys kick me out I would be lost lol

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Huskee- yes, and no gas from Ar either. It's a win - win!

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      No gas, maybe. But at times, lots of hot air! RonB

Oh man. I feel your pain. Even though I haven't joined their club. I do, however, have half a pound of their garbanzos simmering as I write this. They are in spicy chicken broth with onion, garlic and jowl bacon grease. Once they are mostly cooked, I'm adding collards and rainbow chard (and throw the jowl bacon back in). I have no idea what to call it, but if you start driving now, there should be some left by the time you get here.

Comment

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Who needs an invite....I'm crashing this party....

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      On my way...

• Bkhuna
      Bkhuna commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd call it delicious.

This makes me want to break into song ...."Oh beans, beans the magical fruit, the more you eat the more to toot, the more you toot the better you feel, so eat beans for every meal"

Comment

• Caffeine88
      Caffeine88 commented
      Editing a comment
      For some reason, my wife did not appreciate me teaching that one to the 6-yr old! He thinks it hilarious. Because it is!

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Caffeine88 I agree with you. Farts are always funny. Always were, always will be. My only correction regards the spelling: It's Pharts, that's a medical term, and therefore is fine to use in polite company. You know, like Pharmacy, Physician, etc.

• Caffeine88
      Caffeine88 commented
      Editing a comment
      Dr. Pepper I phervently thank you phor enlightening me!! I always thought I was just a cad, and now I can be sophisticated :-) :-)

I know nothing about this bean club. What are the advantages? Super spectacular beans, good price, really neato packaging? I looked it up and there are few details other than you get 6 bags of unknown size or variety beans

Comment

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      First rule of bean club: don't talk about bean club.

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      So what happens in the bean club stays in the bean club? Hell, I'd join if they had neato packaging alone !!!

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      All of that. The beans are pretty amazing - hands down the best beans I have ever made. If you like beans, order a couple of bags and check them out

You bean shafted

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      🙄🙄🙄

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      So did the Meister who Sprang from Spring make a funny ??

Some things are sacred and bean clubs are one of them. They have crossed the line!

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      They have. I was in a panic, then I looked in my cabinet and thought oh well, I won't run out any time soon...

Very sorry - about not only the beans. I’d give you a big hug but I’m not much of a hugger. Instead, I am forwarding a "if you need anything let me know, my brother" shake.

Comment

Bummer. I had almost $6000 of high interest debt practically dropped in my lap when the last one moved out. All I could do was laugh, two weeks earlier I got ticked off cause I thought I had a total of $1500+ of surprise high interest debt. No so buddy, you got almost $4400 more headed your way!!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Troutman don't worry I've been paying off a Mazda CX-9 and hopefully I can pay it off about a year early in March-Mayish

• JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Ooph.

• JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Troutman Jerod Broussard @klflowers

The day I made my last payment to my ex was one the happiest of my life. A literal, figurative, financial and emotional drain. Gone. Poof. 🏆🏆🏆

Oh the inhumanity of it all...

K.

Comment

Actual demonstration of how a post here can turn on a dime Troutman

click image for larger version  name:	image_160610.jpg views:	2 size:	47.5 kb id:	1135474
        Last edited by Panhead John; December 1, 2021, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Yea this circus has 3 rings worth of clowns, with Panhead John the ring leader...

Click image for larger version

Name:	interesting man 02.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	1135488

Comment

@kflowers As they would say in Mexico..."Como esta frijole?" Translation: "How you bean?" Hang in there, buddy, and it will all work out.
            Last edited by Clark; December 1, 2021, 04:50 PM.

Comment

• klflowers
              klflowers commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Clark. New chapter is how I am looking at it.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here