Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evil Swine Barbeque Company Logo Concept - Need Feedback Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you everyone for your feedback, I really appreciate it.

The name Evil Swine came to be by a mistake, I'll explain. One night quite a few years ago, I sat down with my family to watch the movie Toy Story. There is a scene where Don Rickles character Mr. Potato head calls the pig an uncultured swine. Fast forward to a couple days later, and my son and daughter were having a disagreement over a toy and she took it from him...he got mad and yelled, you Evil Swine instead of uncultured swine like what was said in the movie. It was probably a you had to be there moment lol.

Nevertheless, I thought that would be an interesting name choice. Not out of malice or because I'm a bad person or embrace darkness or anything like that. Just simply seeing the image of my six year old son blurt it out in frustration after his 3 year old sister took his toy from him...and to be clear, he was trying to recite what he heard from Toy Story but got it wrong.

Anyhow, that's the story behind the name. I thought it would be an interesting name for a Barbeque team or product line. I mean when I look at some of the team names out there, there are certainly some colorful names for sure both in being clever and some that push the envelope.

I did think that maybe people would get the wrong idea about using evil in the name but then I see this company called Killer Hogs and the owner Malcom Reed. Malcom is probably one of the nicest, kind, good hearted people you could ever meet... He certainly doesn't fit the moniker of "killer" though his food certainly does. I swear that man could Barbeque a flip flop and by God it would be delicious.

Thank you all again for the feedback, there are definitely mistakes that I made and need to address. I have never worked in marketing nor am I a graphic designer. I'm just a guy that loves to try and produce good barbeque and share it with family and friends and am chasing a dream of getting some of what I do on store shelves. At the very least, I won't have to have any regrets later in life or ask myself what if or why didn't you...win, lose or draw I'll know I gave it a try.

​​
    Last edited by Evil Swine BBQ; October 24, 2020, 07:22 AM.

Comment

• Cheef
      Cheef commented
      Editing a comment
      Right there is a damn nice reply to some what must have seemed some cutting comments.
      You nailed it all down well in this reply.
      GO for your dreams and don't back down or slack off in the pursuit.

My father always told me, son if you don't want an honest answer, don't ask the question. I welcome all feedback because I am doing something that I have never done before stepping way outside of my comfort zone and am betting on myself. This is a learning process and I believe that you learn not only in success but in failure.

I knew that when I asked for feedback I wasn't going to get 100% positive feedback because we are human beings with our own likes and unique tastes. If we all agreed on everything and had the same likes, we would be robots.

I don't take what people said here personally. I don't think anything said was meant to be vindictive or said with malice. Positive and negative feedback is extremely valuable to me. The military taught me the very basic concept of suck it up and drive on and I live by that. No matter what life brings your way or how adverse a situation is, suck it up and drive on! I think 2020 has put that to the test but here I am still standing and still pursuing my dream.

Just a little info about my sauces. My sauces pair a different alcohol with a different chili pepper and a different fruit. They aren't traditional by any means and are designed to be a niche in a very crowded and competitive market. They are handcrafted in small batches made with premium ingredients and not mass produced. I wanted a name that could stand out but yet is personal to me. I wanted something different because I believe my sauces are different. But hey, if this doesn't work out and I fall flat on my face, I'm totally using the pigs with laser beans idea lol.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      I wish ya nuthin but grand success, Brotherman!

LMK, if'n ya need a taste-tester.

Here are the flavors of my sauces:

Whiskey Green Apple Jalapeño
    Spiced Rum Pineapple Habenero
    Peach Poblano Moonshine
    Blackberry Bourbon Chipolte
    Cerano Cranberry Vodka (Poultry)

Comment

• ssandy_561
      ssandy_561 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve had a bbq sauce advertised as having absinthe, lime and ghost peppers in it. It was quite interesting, hotter then hell also. I know there were other things in it but that’s how they classified it.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      They all sound right up my alley...

Originally posted by Evil Swine BBQ View Post

...They aren't traditional by any means and are designed to be a niche in a very crowded and competitive market....
    This is THE best thing you can do and what far too many people are afraid to do. So many people fall into the 'well I I can get 1% of this huge market...' trap but everyone else is out there doing very similar things and consumers fall into the paradox of choice trap. When people are faced with two many choices, they either don't make a choice or, if they need the product, fall back on name recognition. So for KC style sauces, they default the KC Masterpiece etc.

Staking out a small, well differentiated niche is hard and can fail - maybe no one is doing that niche because there's no demand. And you have to make people aware of it. But if you can do that, you own that niche. People don't hit the above paradox because there aren't 15 or 50 or 500 products like yours. There's yours.

Good luck!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here