Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wife had a idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife had a idea

so i am outside and the wife comes out and said taste this! WOW!! She took some baby-rays and the habanero peach jam that she made and put the mix in glass and than in a hot pan of water and mixed them together. so like i said i am out side smoking ribs and you know what i am thinking! the ribs were already wrapped so when there were done in the foil i took that sauce and put in on the ribs and back on the smoker sauce side down for a min. and pulled them off, SOOOOO GOOD.
    Last edited by Planner47; October 12, 2020, 06:26 PM.

That sounds great!

Comment

Sounds so delicious, so...

Is she sharin her receipt fer th Habanero Peach jam, or are we to just randomly try from scratch lol???
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; October 12, 2020, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• Planner47
        Planner47 commented
        Editing a comment
        i will have to multiple post.

8 peaches peeled and cut up catching all juices
        3 habanero peppers seeded and minced
        1 lb 5 oz Sugar
        Juice of1 lemon

Use a heavy bottom pan mash all ingredients and set aside for 1 hr to marinate

• Planner47
        Planner47 commented
        Editing a comment
        post 2
        Cook mixture and bring to boil for 20 to 30 minutes stirring frequently mixture will foam up for most of cook time but will die down when nearly done.
        Place small amount of jam on cold plate and that will be consistent of jam will set as it cools when happy with consistency ladle hot jam into jars filling almost to top put lids on but don’t over tighten immediately turn jar upside down and let completely cool then turn jars right side up.

• Planner47
        Planner47 commented
        Editing a comment
        post 3
        Refridgerate or freeze. Have froze mine for up to 2 years.
        Hope you like this as much as we do it also goes great with cream cheese and crackers.

You can use most stone fruit with this i have also made this with nectarines just weigh fruit and use same amount of sugar that your fruit weighs.

Wives can be handy like that.

Comment

• Planner47
        Planner47 commented
        Editing a comment
        yes they can. i brought a rec tec 360 and i lost it!

Many thanks to both yerself, an yer Mrs fer sharin.
      Much appreciated, indeed.

Comment

• Planner47
        Planner47 commented
        Editing a comment
        Any time MR BONES

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        I tip my Beloved Cowboy Hat to th both of yall! Planner47
        Much Obliged...

A wife experimenting in the kitchen cause your outside cooking, a wife running outside because she is excited that she found something that could help you and you would like, then allowing you to post her recipe. Yeah, sounds like a good life brudda enjoy it all

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup. All in all, I'd dang dang sure haveta call that a 'Good Night', Brothers!

• Planner47
        Planner47 commented
        Editing a comment
        She is a jewel.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here