Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is your BBQ Sauce Map correct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is your BBQ Sauce Map correct?

and what the heck is Keto BBQ sauce? I'm dern close to the middle of Missoura and am a bit uncomfortable as I'm at a loss on this one.

I don't think I've ever added any keto to a sauce. Don't know where to get it anyway....

Comment

Keto just means very low carb. So, instead of adding say brown sugar, you'd add erythritol (a natural sugar alcohol that we don't metabolize as sugar) to sweeten it, etc. Useful for people on keto diets, diabetics, etc. I doubt that it's the most popular in Washington state, though.

Comment

Who makes these maps, and with what data? [eyeroll]

Comment

• Red Man
          Red Man commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks like google made it based on people’s searches.

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup! & someone made money putting this thing together & then sold it to a buyer or two.

Strange map, hard to believe it’s true.

Comment

Wow, Hawaii makes Hawaiian BBQ sauce. Who da thunk that?? And what is Mexican BBQ sauce? I'll have to ask for that next time I go out to eat.

Comment

I have never even tasted white BBQ sauce (Im from Kansas.)

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              I've both made white sauce, an tasted it Cheef ,but it's hardly "trendin" hereabouts..., I'd safely say lol!!!

Another total waste of time & energy! How ya can tell, as Jgo alerted us to, keto BBQ sauce! Can’t figger our the Missouri thing, but Oregon & Washington, oh yeah.

Comment

• Red Man
              Red Man commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey! I resemble that remark! 😂

I don't even know what keto sauce is. Just another way to fleece sheep...

Comment

I have "calorie free"....... hmmm I think thst means dry ribs!?!?!

Comment

Missoura didn't surrender during the Civil War.
                I may be wrong, but isn't Missoura a Keto free state?
                Keto, aren't they an invasive sub-specie of something or other?
                Last edited by bbqLuv; September 6, 2020, 07:21 PM.

Comment

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  With all due respect, keto is ok. Keto bbq sauce, c’mon man!

• JGo37
                  JGo37 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If you're fishing in keto-population waters, you gotta wash your boat hull down before dropping it into a keto-free water. bbqLuv

If this map was based on Google search frequency, then I think it reveals the least popular sauces. If the sauce is popular, then you don’t have to Google it.
                Last edited by Mosca; September 6, 2020, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  😳 😎 🙃

Illinois favorite sauce is Alabama.......

I think they need to check their math

Comment

Wow, the Carolinas are def not correct, still haven't had the mustard based but supposedly this eastern NC stuff is the only primary vinegar heavy stuff. Western NC supposedly has a different flair. As for other states I've lived in, CA, NV, WA, and CO... they're all primarily KC based at all the food joints I went to. Though it's been 8+ years for all of them so maybe things changed? But I doubt it.

Comment

I lived in Colorado for 22 years and I never heard of Korean bbq sauce!

Comment

• Mosca
                      Mosca commented
                      Editing a comment
                      See? Proves my point! Google it!

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here