Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sauce from Memphis Dust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sauce from Memphis Dust

I’m wondering if anyone has used the Memphis Dust in a sauce for pulled pork? I was thinking of putting it on the side for people to use as wanted
    How would It work if I used a little tomato and vinegar with the Memphis Dust rub mixed in

Welcome to The Pit.

I've not tried that, so let us know how it works out.

Comment

Never even gave it a thought. Good idea. Worth a try.

And welcome to the Pit.

Kathryn

Comment

Oooooo an experiment. Welcome to Pit!

Comment

Seems like a great idea. Why haven’t I thought of that? Let us know.

Comment

When I do my root beer/BBQ/au jus sauce for pulled pork I toss in 1 or 2 tablespoons of whatever dry rub I used on the butt to jazz it up a bit.
            Never had a complaint.
            Only thing I would caution is whatever your rub is heavy in, pepper or salt or cumin or ______, will show in your sauce.

Comment

• Skip
              Skip commented
              Editing a comment
              Agreed. A little butter never hurts either.

• smokin fool
              smokin fool commented
              Editing a comment
              Skip y'know I've never even considered adding butter
              Call it tunnel vision, give butter a go next time

• HouseHomey
              HouseHomey commented
              Editing a comment
              Also try a vitamix or immersion blender.

Good idea. After you prepare the first batch you might find somethings about it that need improvement and HouseHomey would be a great source to ask about how to correct those.

Comment

I think you could swap out the Rendezvous Seasoning with MMD.

From the free side:
              Charlie Vergos' Rendezvous is a Memphis BBQ staple and now you can create their signature dry rubbed ribs at home. In this quick and easy recipe, baby back ribs are cooked hot and fast over charcoal, basted constantly with a vinegary mop sauce, and then covered in their seasoning. In true Memphis fashion, there is no sauce on these dry rub ribs.

Comment

You could try using it in place of chili powder in chili gravy.

https://www.food.com/recipe/chili-gr...b-walsh-360106

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta. Let us know how it turns out. New member ideas are always great!.

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you and your saucy endeavors.

Sounds great!! Let us know what you come up with. Off hand without trying one I’d like to back out a smidge of the rosemary and sugar.

Comment

Thanks everyone.
                      my next smoke is going to be a buffalo brisket that I have. I’m going to have to go to my local butcher and get some fatcap for it, the game butcher took it off.
                      any tips this will be my first.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here