Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dreamland BBQ Sauce Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreamland BBQ Sauce Recipe

Just got my Dreamland BBQ sauce order in. I always have, and will absolutely love the stuff!!! However I took a peak at the ingredient list for the first time and saw things like:
    Modified Corn Starch
    High Fructose Corn Syrup
    Sodium Benzoate
    Potassium Sorbate
    FD&C Red #40

I love supporting Dreamland, especially in this COVID environment, but would rather not serve some of those ingredients to friends and family.

Does anyone have a recipe that comes close to Dreamland that they are willing to share? If not I will take it as a task to try and duplicate.

It's been soong since I've been to dreamland, that I can't remember their sauce....

I'll be paying attention in case you get good amswers.
    ​​

Found this on the googly machine. No idea how close it really is, but probably a good starting point

This copycat Dreamland BBQ Sauce is not too thick, not too runny with just a hint of heat. It's a great all-purpose BBQ sauce.
    Last edited by BFlynn; July 17, 2020, 07:40 AM.

Comment

• pjlstrat
      pjlstrat commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome!! Thank you...will definitely give it a try!!

My wife absolutely loves Dreamland's BBQ sauce. Me - not so much - but I keep a jar of it in the fridge for her, since I can buy it at the grocery store here in Alabama.

I'll be interested to see what you come up with. The color on that copycat recipe BFlynn posted is not as light as the sauce I am used to seeing, and is a deeper red. I would say that the original is closer to orange than to red in color.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here