Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JeffJ's J-1 Beef Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JeffJ's J-1 Beef Sauce

Sauce for beef ribs 2 TB tomato paste
    1 TB Mustard
    1 TB ketchup
    2 TB worcestershire
    1/3 Cup cider vinegar
    2 TB soy
    1 TB hot sauce
    1 Cup beef broth
    ts horseradish
    Ts sugar

Saute the tomato paste until it darkens. Deglaze with cider. Add remaining ingredients exicept horseradish. Bring to a boil and then immediately reduce to a simmer. Add horseradish. Let simmer for 10 minutes.

The sauce is thin with just a bit of viscosity. It should stick to the meat without being a thick, sticky glaze.

I like the ingredients - i'm gonna have to give it a go. One question: (maybe a silly question from a newbie) should i put it on at the start of the cook or towards the end? I like trying new things, after all variety is the spice of life.Many thanks for sharing...

Comment

• JeffJ
      JeffJ commented
      Editing a comment
      Beef typically carries itself pretty well on its own. This sauce is pretty thin for a reason, I don't want it to over-power the beef. I would add it at the end of the cook. It has a little viscosity but not enough to create a thick glaze, which is intentional.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here