Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tennessee Hollerin' Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tennessee Hollerin' Sauce

Made a double batch of this sauce I found listed in MH's recipes. Holy cow my company loved it, they ate every bit of it. Some even got extra bread to clean it up off their plates. I served it with pulled pork. Definite winner here.

Have to check that stuff out....

Comment

Great recipe, love that stuff

Comment

The ingredients are simple, I think the key is rendering the first cup of bourbon down to a couple of tablespoons. I didn't take it down that far, but probably down to four tablespoons. Those that say they can't taste the sweetness or the vanillas in bourbon should taste the rendered liquid.

The sauce itself gets its sweetness from the bourbon and the black strap molasses.

I've always been a pretty hard-core East Carolina salt vinegar sauce (vinegar, salt, black pepper and red pepper) guy but this is definitely going in my line up.

Comment

Going to try this next time I do a pork butt

Comment

You got my interest. Not a liquor drinker so got some bourbon from stepson. It was JB Red stag with honey tea. Boiled down the cup to 2 T. and it is super sweet just like a honey. Should I use this or find a honeyless bourbon? Im going to use it but should I still find a straight bourbon?

Rick

Comment

• Dewesq55
              Dewesq55 commented
              Editing a comment
              Don't use that. Get some regular bourbon.

Tennessee Hollerin' Sauce is my favorite. I use Jameson's Irish Whiskey (Black label) instead of Bourbon - it's what I prefer to drink - and it was awesome.

Comment

Made it last night and we had it on pulled pork sandwiches get's a full 5 smiles. Now this weekend to play and make it my own .

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
                I think the key is rendering the first cup of bourbon down to a couple of tablespoons. I didn't take it down that far, but probably down to four tablespoons. Those that say they can't taste the sweetness or the vanillas in bourbon should taste the rendered liquid.
                I totally agree with that TheBigLebowski (or should I just call you The Dude?)

DEW

Comment

• gcdmd
                  gcdmd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The Dude was the little Lebowski, a case of mistaken identity. He did abide, however, in which we can all take comfort.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here