Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steak sauce?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steak sauce?

Hi!
    I am reading the KC classic barbeque sauce from the book and it has "steak sauce". Not sure wjat this is similar to here in Norway. Is it thin liquid like beef stock or is it thicker sauce?

Thanks! 😊

On the web site, there is a link in the KC BBQ sauce recipe to another for "steak sauce".

KC Sauce recipe - https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...q-sauce-recipe
    Steak Sauce recipe - https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...k-sauce-recipe

Comment

• Bippedibopp
      Bippedibopp commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for this! I will check it out👍

Hi from Cincinnati, Ohio. It is a sauce not quite as thick as BBQ sauce, but not as thin as stock. They mainly are used to help boost the beef flavor of steaks. Usually they are used on poorly prepared steaks as a premium steak prepared properly needs no help at all to taste fantastic.

Comment

• DiverDriver
      DiverDriver commented
      Editing a comment
      Well said, I have not used steak sauce since I was bout 10 years old and found rare is better than well.

If you feel your steaks need something extra the most I could recommend would be a bit of butter or compound butter. Anything more would detract from the steak and the work you've put into preparing it. Please understand I'm from Texas, asking for steak sauce here means you don't like the steak. We have incredible BBQ places here that don't offer any sauce at all. Enjoy what you're cooking and learn all you can about sauces. They certainly have there place in great BBQ.

Comment

I don't know of a reason for steak sauce. They sell A1 Steak Sauce here and I've never reached for it.

Comment

Am I the only one that thinks A1 just tastes like a thicker Worcestershire concoction?

Comment

I have eaten some steaks that needed sauce. Hope I dont have to any more!

Comment

Everytime i hear steak sauce i say HP brown sauce.

Comment

• Willy
              Willy commented
              Editing a comment
              Try L&P steak sauce. Similar, imho.

Bippedibopp I use HP sauce in mine which I'm sure is available in Norway. I just use half the recipe measurement as HP is quite a dominant sauce.
            Maybe Elton's BBQ can share what he has used if he makes KC sauce which I'm guessing he has or does.

Comment

Here is a good recipe for it: https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...q-sauce-recipe

Comment

• pkadare
                pkadare commented
                Editing a comment
                That is a recipe for KC BBQ sauce and is the same one in the book. The question was regarding the "steak sauce" ingredient listed in the above recipe.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here