Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeff's KC BBQ Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeff's KC BBQ Sauce

• 4 cups smoked pureed canned tomatoes
    • 1/4 cup ketchup
    • 3 Tablespoon brown sugar
    • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
    • 20 turns fresh cracked pepper
    • 1 Tablespoon maple syrup*
    • 3/4 cup molasses
    • 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
    • 1 Tablespoon tomato paste**
    • 1 Tablespoon hot sauce***
    • 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
    • 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
    • 1 Tablespoon Basalmic vinegar

Combine all ingredients into a sauce pot. Bring to a gentle boil and reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes, stirring vigorously once boiling to incorporate the molasses.
    • Do NOT use corn syrup. ONLY use real maple syrup.
    ** Optional
    *** I use my homemade hot sauce which is very tangy and has a little less heat than Tabasco

A few notes regarding this recipe:

I used a combination of whole canned tomatoes and canned diced tomatoes (with their juice), put them into a loaf pan and smoked them at 170 F for 2.5 hours in my Bradley electric smoker with hickory.

The lemon juice, Worcestershire, Basalmic vinegar and hot sauce were all added in order to offset the cloying sweetness of the other ingredients.

JeffJ - This looks/sounds REALLY good! I like that you smoked the tomatoes rather than using liquid smoke. I might have to try it one of these days.

​DEW

Comment

• JeffJ
      JeffJ commented
      Editing a comment
      I normally just like to wing it when making sauces but in this case (and a couple of others) I went through the effort of creating a recipe. I am glad I did. I really like this sauce and can recreate it every time with consistent results.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here