Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharing a sauce recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing a sauce recipe

There are a couple bbq sauce recipes I'll share. You can always tweak to suit your taste. The first one I found online, it's called Norwegian BBQ sauce. I tried it. 2 cups Ketchup, 1 cup brown sugar, 1 tablespoon Tobasco sauce, and the the strangest ingredient of all, 1 cup strong black coffee. Try it, I liked it, maybe you might like it too.
    I'll post another one sometime soon.

Thanks for the recipe. I wonder if our friend Elton's BBQ from Norway has made it. He sure loves his BBQ and his coffee.

Kathryn

Comment

Yes i've done this "norwegian" bbq-sauce..
      it is quite allright but i didn't know it was a Norwegian recipie.. lol..
      Anyway thanks MikeC111 and fzxdoc

Comment

We used to make something similar with the addition of peppers and onions. The coffee was a 1/2 cup but double strength. We called it Ketchup Sauce. People thought it was odd, but the liked the taste.

Comment

Here's the pic I found online, I don't know if it's authentic Norwegian whatever that is.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MikeC111 View Post
            authentic Norwegian whatever that is.
            Here’s one!

Click image for larger version

Name:	F3A531B8-DB35-4269-8649-7A084FC7BBC0.jpeg
Views:	278
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	798353

Comment

• gcdmd
              gcdmd commented
              Editing a comment
              Lol

• Elton's BBQ
              Elton's BBQ commented
              Editing a comment
              Haha.. class

A chef friend of mine had a similar recipe (which, unfortunately, I never wrote down) that, as I recall, included sautéed onions.

Comment

I’ve made a few different sauces that include coffee or instant coffee powder and really like them. Thanks for sharing this.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here