Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blues Hog Raspberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce 19 oz.!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blues Hog Raspberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce 19 oz.!!

Blues Hog just came out with their Raspberry Chipotle Sauce. I love these sauces on ribs. I know they are too sweet for some, but I put in an order this morning. I am looking forward to try it out. If you are a sauce fan, give it a try!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	raz1web_900x.png Views:	108 Size:	685.3 KB ID:	765432

I love raspberry and chipotle is good. sounds like a sauce made in heaven.

Comment

Hmm...how is it on bacon?

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        lol

• Craigar
        Craigar commented
        Editing a comment
        Troutman A couple of years ago Spinaker sent me some raspberry chipotle bacon from up his way and man, it was delicious! So I couldn't help myself to ask if it was good on bacon.

Although I've used Blue's Hog a lot in the past, I've kind of gotten away from it due to the intense sweetness of the stuff. Not sure how this new flavor is, may give it a try, but a product I found a while back I highly recommend is this stuff. Totally awesome on pork...

Comment

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        What flavor is it? Is it the "new" flavor?

It would have to be some good to beat Meathead's which I made for the first time this weekend. Off the hook!

Comment

Originally posted by pkadare View Post
        It would have to be some good to beat Meathead's which I made for the first time this weekend. Off the hook!
        Give Blues Hog a try, it is good stuff for sure. Like I said above, it is sweet so if that is not your thing, don't get it. A lot of people complain about it being too sweet. If I use sauce, it is a one great to use. Especially if you are making PBBEs. Makes for an excellent glaze.

Comment

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh man... I have a pork belly in the deep freeze, and raspberry bbq sauce on burnt ends sounds AMAZING! Thanks for giving me an idea....

GOTTA TRY IT! Looks good 😋 love blues hog!

Comment

I’m not a purest. I LOVE LOVE me some sauce. Most people say it’s too sweet like you said. Yup.
          sweet n delicious. I did the mix thing with the Tennessee red as suggested by many. That was awesome too. Them you and doc convinced me on the Smokey mountain one and that was fantastic.

bring it on baby. I may just get some instead of waiting for your review.

thanks brother!

Comment

• Steve B
            Steve B commented
            Editing a comment
            You just want any excuse to eat something. Sauced or not. 😳🤪😁😂👍👍

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            Steve B Yeah, you got me there.

I make a raspberry habanero jam -- which could likely be modified and made smoky to turn into a barbecue sauce. If anyone wants to mess around, the recipe is here: https://iwillmakecrafts.wordpress.co...-habanero-jam/ as well as a link to a peach barbecue sauce I made: https://iwillmakecrafts.wordpress.co...ach-bbq-sauce/ I would imagine subbing some ingredients in and out between these two would make a pretty good sauce.

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for sharing this with us!

• jfmorris
            jfmorris commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome! Bookmarked your recipe...

I already have some BH Original and Tennessee Red on hand that I usually mix. I wonder if I can add some raspberry jam and chipotles and get something similar? Pork belly burnt ends sounds crazy good.

Comment

• Craigar
            Craigar commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm sure you can come pretty close. I have used chipotle powder with great success in similar recipes where I have doctored up some BBQ sauce with jam. Next time I just might try the real deal chipotles.

Just got my order today! Man is this stuff good. Really sweet and smokey, but it will be perfect on some pork belly or some ribs. Can't wait to get it on some PBBEs as well.

Comment

That would be great on some pork belly!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here