Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple, super spicy, sticky rib sauce?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple, super spicy, sticky rib sauce?

Tossing this out there into the Amazing Ribs interwebs! Got a big event catering to do, 300 folks, an all rib affair (St. Louis).

Going with two recipie options, my own house ribs and sauce, but looking for a simple but effective super spicy, sticky sauce option?

Any recipes you swear by out there?
    Last edited by MeatMonster; August 26, 2019, 04:31 PM. Reason: Typo

Blend 30:70 Tabasco with grade B maple syrup. Brush on to glaze. Done. Hot and sticky.

Comment

I like both @Potkettleblack's and @mountainsmoker's suggestions. Dead easy, tastes great, gets the job done. Now fire up them smokers!

Comment

I want to add, if you want more of a traditional redness, some ketchup or some sriracha wouldn't be unwelcome in the Syrup-Hot Sauce glaze. Sriracha or Gochujang.... oooh... wait... Thai style sweet chili sauce is basically what you're looking for...

You can buy something like this recipe in any Asian market, and really, most supermarkets around me, at least. Your mileage (with your supermarket) will vary, based on how many APIAs and global cuisine stuff your grocery carries.

Comment

This one was developed by one of our members, I changed it slightly but it seems to respond to your need for spicy/sticky;

1 cup favorite bbq sauce (or ketchup)
          2-3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
          1/4 cup light brown sugar
          1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
          2-3 teaspoons of Asian Garlic Chili sauce (I use Sambal Oelek)

Combine and refrigerate to let the flavors meld. Adjust the sambal to regulate the sweet/heat level.

I've been using it on everything of late. I like the way sweet and heat work together. Enhances the taste buds!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Asian BBQ Sauce.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	735877

(Shout out to 58limited for the original recipe idea)

Comment

Any brand of hot sauce mixed with some maple syrup, honey or molasses will get the job done. I think I saw 70/30 hot/sweet up-thread. That sounds about right.

Comment

I really like to mix 1/3 lime juice - 1/3 lemon juice - 1/3 grade B maple syrup. It's so simple, yet so good. It doesn't meet your heat requirement though.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here