Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applejack bbq sauce.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Applejack bbq sauce.

My 10 y/o and I stopped in a local place for lunch yesterday, the usual menu too big for a bbq joint, too many deep fried options anyway.

One of of their sauces was labeled "Applejack." It was quite lovely. Tasted like a commercial sauce mixed with apple juice then reduced to the right consistency. It was magical.

Anyone ever try or see this, any recipes out there? I’d sure live to give it a try.
    Last edited by Woodson; July 7, 2019, 04:02 PM. Reason: I have lousy grammar and punctuation.

I make one with Kraft Thick and Spicy BBQ sauce, some spices and frozen apple juice concentrate. The frozen concentrate cuts down on how long you have to cook it.

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
      LA Pork Butt commented
      Editing a comment
      AverageJoe Texas Gunpowder is Jalapeño Powder.

• AverageJoe
      AverageJoe commented
      Editing a comment
      ahhhh gotcha

• Woodson
      Woodson commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! Looks good. I have comps this weekend, then a catering gig and a judge certification next weekend. I’ll get this made after all that blows over and give it a try.

I make a glaze for Pork Belly Burnt Ends that uses apple juice in it. I reduce it for about an hour to allow the sauce get really thick.

I got the recipe from Malcom Reed. It is pretty good stuff. You can sub apple juice for any fruit juice.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here