Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MH so called Raspberry BBQ sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MH so called Raspberry BBQ sauce

​​ I just had to make MH Raspberry BBQ sauce, the downside was I couldn't find raspberry jam and had to make a compromise and used a berry and cherry jam.

It turned out great maybe a tad on the sweet side and will use a little less jam next time. Wife thinks it's good to go as is.
    Jam was on a special buy any 4 assorted jars for Rands 100.00. One of my other choices was pineapple. I did make a second batch using pineapple and it was good. The boss found it a little acidic but to me it wasn't.

Having made all this sauce I needed something to try them out on. Pork belly was the volunteer. Used the kettle to smoke 3 off about 1.5* each.and cooked at 140C for close on 6 hours with MMD.

​

​
    ​​​​​​​

Sounds good ... but your pics aren't showing.

Comment

• Ahumadora
      Ahumadora commented
      Editing a comment
      Hard to post pics when you are licking your fingers covered in BBQ sauce.....

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      Quality of pics ain't great either, maybe by not posting it's trying to tell me something.

While I wait fer th pics to gestate, proper, like, reckon I jus gotta say...

Happy Wife=Happy Life!

Great Job, Brother!

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      So true, makes an easily solved equation HW=HL

Might try it on chicken sometimes. We know that blueberry BBQ sauce goes really well on chicken so it should be a good match too.

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      My take is any good BBQ sauce is a good match for most things.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190707_184140-1.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	171.8 KB
ID:	709244
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20190707_182845-1.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	186.4 KB
ID:	709243

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here