Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long in fridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long in fridge?

I'm sure this is somewhere but I thought I'd ask. I have some vinegar sauces from this site I made up before Easter still in the fridge. I assume because they are mostly vinegar they last a LONG time. Any thoughts or guidance? They are in mason jars with flip top lids. I didn't do anything crazy when I made them and they are not cooked sauces at all. I they are the Lexington and East Carolina maybe? We just broke out two nights of leftover pulled pork and a vinegar slaw my wife makes...both sauces tasted fine (if not better than before!).

They should be good and just as tasty like you said.

Comment

I'd still roll out with em...

Comment

I had the mustard sauce go bad, maybe 4 months. I don’t remember how long, just the mold.

Comment

Check for the sauce, or something similar at https://stilltasty.com/

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s a cool website but the few items I read about I’ve violated a number of times. Pretty conservative although safe.

My homemade sauce lasts for months in a cold fridge covered.

Comment

• NapMaster
            NapMaster commented
            Editing a comment
            Is that a big striper you caught? Nice catch to say the least.

It is. Thanks. Caught in the surf on Assateague Island, VA.

Comment

NapMaster Not a bad fish yourself!

Comment

You have TWO DAYS! After that yer life is in yer own hands. Cuz! 🕶

Comment

• NapMaster
                NapMaster commented
                Editing a comment
                What orifice did you pull "two days" from? 🤔😏

• FireMan
                FireMan commented
                Editing a comment
                Anything higher & I have difficulty counting. 🕶
                Plus if you say it in a deep masculine voice it has a maximum effect! 💪

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here