Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blues Hog Original

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willy View Post
    I have very much enjoyed BH Tennessee Red, so I was excited to finally try the BH Original with the BB ribs I did today. Whoa Nellie, that original is WAY too sweet for my tastes. I'll cut the rest of the bottle with some NC vinegar sauce and see if that makes it tolerable.
    I agree. I've been buying the Blues Hog Champion blend, which is a 50/50 mix of the Red and the Original. If you have both on hand, just mix them together yourself. I like that blend on my ribs, but the straight Tennessee Red on pulled pork.

Comment

I'm voting original too sweet,

Comment

I don't know, have you ever woken up in the middle of the night with a strong thirst? I go to the fridge and there's a selection of water, orange juice, etc. Nope, I always opt for a slug of Blues Hog original. A true thirst quencher and makes your mouth taste......well.....honestly.....horrible the next morning. Can't say if I like it on meat or not, never made it past the late-night thirst quencher thing.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Lovin it, Brother!

I mix it 50/50 with apple cider vinegar, for home use. Delicious!

Comment

The Original is my go to sauce for ribs, just used it last night.
          Dry rub BBR's on the Pit Barrel, finish with Blues Hog in the oven for 20 minutes.

Comment

Putty much like all the stuff I read on here BUT I don’t buy into the "BH Original is too sweet" info. 😁

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here