Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mustard Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mustard Sauce

This is the sauce I use for pulled pork, I have tried dozens and this is the favorite of everyone who tries it at my house. Be careful with the heat.
    • Step 1
      • 1.5 cups of yellow mustard
      • 0.75 cups cider vinegar ( I use apple cider vinegar)
      • 0.5 cups brown sugar
      • 8oz beer
      • 1 tbsp chili powder
      • 1 tsp white pepper
      • 1 tsp chipotle powder
      • 1 tsp black pepper
    • Step 2
      • 2 tsp Worcestershire
      • 1.5 tsp liquid smoke
      • 2 tbsp butter
      • Hot sauce to taste
    Add all of the ingredients in step 1 to the pan and heat over medium/low heat, the mixture should ‘foam’ but not boil, stir often for 20 minutes. As soon as you begin step 1 cut up the butter and mix it in another container with the other items, personally I use the measuring cup I used in step 1 to hold it. After 20 minutes mix in the rest and simmer for another 20 minutes. At this point taste it and add hot sauce until you like the heat, but remember as it sits it will soak up the peppers from step one so don’t go too hot; I use about 2 tsp. Let cool, bottle, and put It in the fridge.

Ran across the recipe that I'm pretty sure I based this off of many years ago, figure I should give credit and link it in case you like it better.
    Last edited by _John_; August 16, 2014, 03:37 PM. Reason: Update for credit.

Thanks, I'll give this a shot!

Comment

Mine is very similar! I don't use beer or liquid smoke and my seasoning is a little different. I call mine Liquid Gold! Haha

Comment

• _John_
        _John_ commented
        Editing a comment
        Have you shared the recipe? I like mine the best so far, but have only tried a few, I am very open to tasting others and modifying.

Silly question for you: How many 2 tablespoon "servings" would you estimate this recipe produces? (I doubt I'd use even that much on a nice pulled pork sandwhich, but who knows??)
      Last edited by JPP; August 5, 2014, 08:08 AM. Reason: fixed punctuation...

Comment

I jet made it, and the results fill a large French's mustard bottle any to the half way point. It's quite tasty!

Comment

• FLBuckeye
          FLBuckeye commented
          Editing a comment
          How many ounces in the large mustard bottle?

• _Keith
          _Keith commented
          Editing a comment
          20 ounces.

Sounds really good. I love mustard based sauces on pulled pork, so I'll likely give this one a look.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here