Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huskee's Mustard Shawsh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huskee's Mustard Shawsh

Here's my take on a classic mustard BBQ sauce. Makes ~ 2.5 cups.

This sauce works very well when mixed 50/50 with my Original Shawsh, mix 50/50 and add a dash of lime juice, great on smoked chicken and pork!

See also my new Orange-Jalapeno Shawsh

Huskee's Mustard ShawshTM
    • 1 C prepared yellow mustard (bottled, ballpark style)
    • 1/2 C white vinegar
    • 1/4 C packed brown sugar, plus 4 tsp
    • 1/4 C Worcestershire sauce
    • 2 Tbsp *adobo sauce (storebought or homemade if you prefer)
      • *if you can't find or don't like adobo, use your favorite similar hot sauce
    • 1 tsp table salt
    • 1 tsp coarse black pepper
    • 1/2 tsp garlic powder

Add all ingredients, mix well, simmer briefly until sauce thickens satisfactorily. Remove from heat & serve.

Dang, Brother! Glad yer feelin both prolific, an generous, today!
    What a Win-Win deal, fer me!
    Many thanks fer sharin yer Shawshes with us!
    Very Much appreciated, sez I!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Bones View Post
      Dang, Brother! Glad yer feelin both prolific, an generous, today!
      What a Win-Win deal, fer me!
      Many thanks fer sharin yer Shawshes with us!
      Very Much appreciated, sez I!
      Very welcome my friend.

I only ask that you keep my recipes secret from non-members. Make it and credit me or keep the credit for yourself, your choice, but please only share the recipe with members. Part of the perks of joining up!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll not divulge a word of it all, even under interrogation, I Suhwanee...
        SERE, plus Native-Born Muhzurrah Mule-Headedness, would preclude that possibility.
        I'd never take credit fer yer good works, wasn't raised like that, at all!

• JGo37
        JGo37 commented
        Editing a comment
        These are like NCIS Gibb's Rules - unpublished, but mandatory. What number is this one?

Wow, two new Shawsh'sâ„¢ to try, thank you, sir!

Comment

Wonderful....just wonderful !!! So sick of the commercial sauces, got to give this one a try !!! Nicely done sir, thanks for sharing your ideas and recipes, love to see more of this out of everyone here !!!

Comment

Has anyone tried this? Wondering about feedback, positive or negative, if you've tried it.

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            That's awesome holehogg That makes me so happy to read! I can brag to my wife that my Shawsh is 'internationally famous'!

• holehogg
            holehogg commented
            Editing a comment
            Peeps want me to make to sell to them. I just don't have the energy as yet. I have alot on my plate as it is. I will get permission from the inventor and share in the profits if it becomes nationally famous☺

• N227GB
            N227GB commented
            Editing a comment
            I have, great stuff! But the original is still the crowd favorite here.

Made a batch sattiday. I used Tabasco Chipotle for the heat and only 1TBS. Not sure if this has any bearing on the end result.
          Because of the quantity I was a little stingy in sharing it with my all my peeps so only offered taste test to a few.
          My assesment is good for now. I've gotten so used to the original shawsh I need to give this one a few more tries before a complete opinion can be made.
          The wife said it was good.
          Taste tested on 7 candidates. Responses from 6 the seventh wasn't a regular and was present when I was sauciing a regular and said he aldo wanted that sauce. Did not see him thereafter.
          2 guinea's ☺ had it on their breakfast "Kota". That's a 1/4 loaf of bread hollowed out filled with chips (fries) salted and sauced with HMS topped with 2 slices bacon and an egg on top and a dash more sauce. I let them taste before adding and was told to hit it. A big thumbs up when asked to comment afterwards.
          A lady that regularly eats my toasted Russian and Cheese sandwich that is sauced with the original said she noticed a taste difference but wasn't sure and said it was nice and happy to have it that way again.
          The others all had it on chips. 2 of them I just added without asking. 1 response not a big fan of BBQ sauce but was fine other said was good.
          The person that really raves about the original ordered his usual and I did not let him know I was using a different sauce. When I caught up with him later he immediately pointed out it didn't have the same sauce.
          He likes it and likes the peppery taste still prefers the original but happy if I use the mustard one.
          I can only assume the peppery taste was from the Tabasco or does your version taste so.
          I will make more and see how it goes and keep you posted.

Comment

I just threw a batch of this together. I don't normally follow recipes closely but since I've never made a mustard-based sauce before I decided I should bust out the measuring spoons and cups and follow the recipe exactly as it's written. I'm glad I did. The balance of flavors in this is amazing. I normally would tweak a recipe like this. I won't be tweaking this one because I don't think I can improve upon it.

Many thanks for sharing this one. Huskee

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow! I am blushing and so very honored to read this.

Thanks for the Shawsh recipes! Looking forward to trying them all!

Sweaty!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here