Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huskee's Orange-Jalapeno BBQ Shawsh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made up a batch of Meathead 's Burger Glop and used this as the BBQ sauce component (I also used regular Tabasco). Oh wow spicy goodness!

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool! I bet that makes a nice subtle twist on the glop. (That glop is guuuuuud)

Thank you for these. Going to make em' all. And mum's the word.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Look forward to your honest thoughts.

I made a sauce based on this recipe. Turned out very good use it to glaze pork belly burnt ends at an Eggfest took 2nd place. Left the seeds in the jalapeno will not do that again makes dispensing difficult. In fact I think for sauces I will just slice open the pepper and let it baste in the sauce to give the heat without chunks of pepper. Also my food processor sucks. I added ginger and substituted the molasis with some maple bourbon barrel syrup I bought at the Costco. As usual I unfortunately did not measure anything I am horrible about it.

Comment

Thanks for this Huskee. I'm a big fan of your original. I'll definitely be trying these.

Comment

I can't say "shawsh" without thinking of, or sounding like, Billy Bob Thornton's character in Sling Blade. Which leads to the whole biscuits and mustard thing... um hm...

Comment

Great sauce. Tried it with company on chicken and ended giving all I had made to the guests, so am making another batch. First batch I made with 1 jalapeño, second batch 2 jalapeños and not much heat difference. Loved by all.

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for the feedback, makes me happy to know you & your friends enjoyed it!

Gonna have to try this one. I’m thinking the sweetness here will help the wimps in my clan enjoy the other flavors🤣🙄.

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            I hope you think so. I am not a "spicy" sauce fan, but I think the flavor of the jalapeno in here is really good w/o being "spicy". Although to a wimp it might be, hard to say.

• Texas Larry
            Texas Larry commented
            Editing a comment
            Jalapeño flavor itself is amazing, although I enjoy some heat. We’re trying to grow some "nadapenos" for the flavor without the heat. We shall see.

Sounds good! I'm gonna make this, but, first a question (blame Meathead --LOL):

What kind of salt?

Comment

Table salt Willy I only use Kosher for dry brining, but good question.

Comment

• Craigar
              Craigar commented
              Editing a comment
              Geez, I'm not sure I have any table salt in the house.

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Craigar you could find out what 1 Tbsp table salt weighs and weigh Kosher salt I suppose.

• Craigar
              Craigar commented
              Editing a comment
              Huskee Or I could blow the dust off of my wallet and go spend $1.28 on table salt. Ha!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here