Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Bob Gibson BBQ sauce taste tested today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Bob Gibson BBQ sauce taste tested today

Made a batch of Big Bob Gibson BBQ sauce for to try out with the chicken wings and bone in chicken breasts I smoked today. I am still undecided on if I like the sauce. It is tad tarty for my palate but the overall feedback from my 10 or so taste testers was very positive with only one not liking it. Does anyone have a modified recipe that may not be as tarty? Given the positive feedback from my customers I will definitely be serving it again.

I suppose you could cut the cider vinegar in half or so and a little less lemon juice. You may have to add a little water to keep it form being too thick.

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a plan. I was also wondering about the quality of apple cider. I bought the most expensive one I could find for BBG sauce. I do use a cheaper one in my KC sauce that works fine.

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      I would use the cheapest apple cider vinegar you can find - you are covering it up with other ingredients, and I doubt it will make a difference in taste.

I just add a Tablespoon (15 ml) of sugar to counter the tartness. Works great and tastes much closer to what I remember from growing up in Northern Alabama where the white sauce originated.

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      Now why didn't i think of that. Many thanks.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here