Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ Sauce- Sweet & Heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ Sauce- Sweet & Heat

My wife Linda came up with most of this. Great on ribs, pork belly, brisket, chicken ect. In other words everything. I use it for the sauce(with honey and butter added) for my burnt ends when they go back in the smoker. I always make a double batch and freeze it.

12oz. fresh squeezed orange juice (if you can get it, HEB, Krogers). Or 12oz Apricot nectar.
    6oz. Doles pineapple juice
    2 tabl spns apricot perserves (Smuckers is the best)
    1/2 cup dark brown sugar
    3/4 cup Heinz Ketchup
    1 tea spn- ground ginger
    1 tea spn- smoked paprika
    1/2 tea spn -cayenne pepper- This is where you can ramp it up. I use 1 tea spn. Linda does 1/4.
    2 abl spns- Wasabi Horseradish - not horseradish sauce.
    1/4 cup Dijon mustard
    1 tea spn - black pepper
    Start with OJ & pineapple juice
    heat on med low. On my electric stove it's 4 on a 10
    Add as it gets hot
    Stir a lot
    Don't just leave it cook without stirring
    Top to bottom takes about 25-30 min.

Sounds great, I will have to give this a try. Thank you!

Comment

Sounds tasty, an intriguin!
      Thanks fer sharin, I will haveta try some of this sauce!

Comment

Interesting. I appreciate the twist on the umami v quart of fruit and tang.

Comment

I also make a Cajun BBQ sauce with many more ingredients. Takes 3 hrs and a lot of prep. It's lights out but a whole different taste. Still sweet and heat with bacon, lemons, garlic, onions ect. If you want the recipe I'll share. Problem is after these 2 you'll never buy a bottle again.

Comment

• Livermoron
            Livermoron commented
            Editing a comment
            We’d love to see it...

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            2nd th motion
            Cajun++++ is high among my favourites!

• obiQsmoker
            obiQsmoker commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey mad mike, I’m new at this and love to try new sauce recipes - would love to try yours if you’re willing to share! Thanks!

Thanks for sharing. I will give it a try. I have ribs on the smoker right now.

Comment

Thanks for sharing mad mike, gotta try this out - sounds great.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here