Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendation of Sweet Vinegar based finishing sauce?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Backpacker Brown View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I've got some recipes and will mix 'em up just to try 'em. Again, THANKS
    Make sure to let us know what you come up with. We are always curious to see what people have going.

Comment

Of you're into trying something new, my Jiggy Juice might suit your needs. It's a thin vinegar based sauce with a little sweet that packs a little punch. I use it for seasoning my pulled pork. The vinegar gives it a tang and calms down the more gamey pieces of pork, and gives it a hint of sweet with a bite on the back. Squirt on just enough to flavor with a light sprinkling of salt.
      1C Apple Cider Vinegar
      1/4C Distilled Vinegar
      1/2C Worchestershire Sauce
      1/4C Ketchup
      1TBL Lemon Juice
      1TBL Prepared Mustard
      2TBL Light Brown Sugar
      1TBL Coarse Black Pepper
      1tsp Cayenne Pepper
      3/4tsp Garlic Powder
      Mix it up and let it sit in the fridge overnight. To lower the heat, cut Cayenne in half. Can also be used as a mop.

If ya try it out..Let me know how it goes..good luck homie
      ​​​​​

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks good! And hey! Welcome!

• N227GB
        N227GB commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for that! I've added this to my recipe collection.

The Lexington Dip recipe here makes a solid finishing sauce:

In Lexington, North Carolina the barbecue sauce recipe is mostly vinegar with just a touch of ketchup and hot pepper. Here's how to make an authentic NC Lexington Dip BBQ sauce and mop baste. Relying heavily on vinegar, apple juice, and red pepper flakes, this tangy sauce penetrates meat deeply to make it flavorful.

Comment

Here's a link to Traeger recipe site that I looked at earlier this morning. The whole recipe sounds good, but the sauce is what caught my eye. https://www.traegergrills.com/recipe...ar-pulled-pork

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here