Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Bob Gibson Red Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're going to order some sauce from Alabama, get Dreamland or Archibald's. I like Big Bob's the way I like any restaurant when I'm hungry. But if I'm buying sauce around here, that's where I'm going. Saws is incredible for the Q in Birmingham, but depending on your particular tastebuds, one of Dreamland or Archibald's sauce is what Bama Q should swim in.

Comment

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      My wife loves that Dreamland BBQ sauce. It has a nice spicy kick to it, and is a good bit different from other sauces I've had.

• Skelly
      Skelly commented
      Editing a comment
      jfmorris not sure where you live, but if you're not close by, see if you can get some Archibald's sauce for her. It's spicier than Dreamland, and is my personal favorite. I love the original Dreamland, they have better ribs IMO, but Archibald's has the better sauce.

When I first got heavily interested in BBQ I spent nearly $700 ordering just about every BBQ sauce I could find on the internet. Just a weird OCD thing about me where I always like to find the best of the best. Anyway, after doing endless side-by-side comparisons and whittling down the competition, Blues Hot Tennessee Red stood (easily, too) as the best bbq sauce of the bunch. It's pretty much the only sauce I keep on hand these days. It's truly a magical elixir.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in agreement with you on Blues Hog Tn Red. I have yet to find it in a store in my area so I order online. I last ordered it from BBQ Guru with a kettle adapter for my PartyQ - 1 gallon for $25.95 and $9.15 in shipping which was lower than I could find anywhere else.

Originally posted by Senator Pig View Post
    When I first got heavily interested in BBQ I spent nearly $700 ordering just about every BBQ sauce I could find on the internet. Just a weird OCD thing about me where I always like to find the best of the best. Anyway, after doing endless side-by-side comparisons and whittling down the competition, Blues Hot Tennessee Red stood (easily, too) as the best bbq sauce of the bunch. It's pretty much the only sauce I keep on hand these days. It's truly a magical elixir.
    That's an impressive recommendation. Gonna put it on my list of stuff to try.

Comment

Well, I will have to look for Archibald's BBQ sauce, even though living in Alabama for 28 years, I've not come across it. And I'll probably look for that Blues Hot Tennessee Red as well.....

EDIT: Well, 29.99 a gallon on the Blues Hog website was not bad, but the cheapest shipping option added another $16.99 to the tab! Even on Amazon the lowest price with Prime was $42 a gallon. I'll defer this purchase until closer to summer, as there are several other sauces I've read about and want to try in a "sauce off" taste test.
      Last edited by jfmorris; March 3, 2018, 09:47 AM.

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you check BBQ Guru? That’s where fuzzydaddy got it.

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        Ordering just the sauce...$25.95 for 1 gallon and $8.20 shipping just a few minutes ago on bbqguru. Sauce: https://bbqguru.com/storenav?ProductId=117

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s a lot more livable! I didn’t know they had sauces and rubs. Good to know!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here