Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heinz BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a couple bottles in the fridge I haven't tried yet. Heinz is the only ketchup I will use on fries or eggs. Been that way for years. I think the ones in the fridge are the Bourbon and one other.
    My favorite sauce to put on pulled pork or add into my pit beans is Tennessee Red sauce from Blues Hog. Love their Championship bbq sauce too. I have to buy it online so I buy by the half gallon. I very rarely sauce ribs but if I do I use one called Swine Apple made by the Lynchburg company which uses Jack Daniels in their sauces and glazes.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      The cheap off brand ketchup tastes like absolute crap, Heinz for me only. Now mustard and actual mayo, anything will do. Gotta have ketchup for my scrambled eggs. Didn't think it was possible to eat them without.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Big ++++++ fer Tennessee Red!!!!!
      I, too, rarely sauce...
      but I LOVES that stuff!!!!

Gotta agree on the ketchup. Has to be Heinz. I have not tried the barbecue sauces but will look for them.

Comment

I actually like the Kraft Bold & Spicy, but I think they've discontinued it or changed things up or something. Haven't seen it in a while. I don't use sauce much, but sometimes I mix up some of that with some bourbon and glaze ribs with it, then caramelize them with the flamethrower. Pretty good.

On pulled pork, I go for the Carolina mustard and a couple pickles. Not a coleslaw guy, but the couple times I've had a pulled pork sammy with that on, it was good, at a local place here in town.

Comment

I'll have to try the Heinz Texas Bold and Spicy. My favorite sauce is called Mildly Wild by a company called Absolutely World Class in Abilene (Texas, that is). A small bottle lasts me a long time, but I'm getting low. Thanks for the tip, Jon Solberg

Comment

Dang. Just went to grocery store. No Heinz barbecue sauces at all. Maybe we don't get in Canada but I will check another store.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here