Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple but luscious sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple but luscious sauce

Kansas City Sweet Sauce is in actuality, a very simple sauce. Spice base, Vinegar, Sweet, tomato. balance to your taste and simmer. that is all there is to it.

Today, I have what will become one of my favorite compositions.

We got some AMAZING dripping, today. between the meat and the feet, we cooked it down and ended with 2-3 CUPS of BBQ caramel! and it was GREAT! We rebuilt the rub and, of course, that means the spices are fresher so they are stronger.

We have some peach Jelly from last year's Peach truck. it was amazing, concentrated and tart! and we used it.

I just decanted 2 liters of Red Wine Vinegar so that was my vinegar portion

and, my honey from my bees. the clover/ wild flower honey from late season. gorgeous Amber color.

and it all came together in a sauce that puts the meat first. even the sauce, the first thing is the meat. Pig First. tasting that sauce, the first thing I sense is the meat. in the end, isn't that what ALL of this is about?

so, for dinner, BBQ with this amazing sauce, Corn on the cob, the Y made Cole Slaw, and Yard pickles of tomato & cuke.

It doesn't get any better. except for the Vanilla Ice Cream (as, today IS National Vanilla Ice Cream Day) and Peach Cobbler from Fresh Peaches.

I'd say more but, dinner's on......

Yer makin' me hungry - again.

Comment

Jeepers creepers. You are killing me.

Comment

Oh the peach cobbler is super simple, too. The Y's mother is NO cook. her super popular lasagna recipe involves cottage cheese and a French's spagetti packet. but, simple cooks sometimes have recipes that are so simple, they are perfect.

4-6 fresh peaches, blanched and roughly cut/chopped.

enough to fill a loaf pan or small casserole dish

1 cup sugar
        1 cup flour
        1 stick butter.

cut/mix together (Food processor is good)

Mix a couple of tablespoons with the peaches, themselves, scatter the rest on top of the peaches.

bake at 350 until bubbly and the topping is GBD

You can add a touch of Vanilla extract and cornstarch if you like but the 1:1:1 is the basics

Comment

You must be a Virgo!

Comment

• Karon Adams
            Karon Adams commented
            Editing a comment
            you know, I haven't asked why you say that?

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            I said it because of your "attention to detail" - a well-known Virgo trait. We have a lot of styles of working around here, and some of us are pretty loose about our methods (or parts of them).

• Karon Adams
            Karon Adams commented
            Editing a comment
            meh, that's probably more of a 'Know it all" and "Wife of 28 years" trait!! :-)

Anywhere from 45 to approaching 50 (and in good condition). I can't tell anymore with people. And you have makeup on.

Thing is, people have so much variation in the age they look and in what parts wear down faster. Someone once said something like choose fat or choose wrinkles.

This is the kind of question men are not supposed to answer, as a matter of principle. But, you have contributed so much, that I guess some of us will take a chance, then duck!

Comment

• Karon Adams
            Karon Adams commented
            Editing a comment
            OMG! I posted that after I had taking an Ambien! what am I thinking of! nO! sorry, that was NOT cool!

• Karon Adams
            Karon Adams commented
            Editing a comment
            and, thanks, BTW

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here