Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

easy KC BBQ sauce that has won many contests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

easy KC BBQ sauce that has won many contests

I was given this recipe about the year 2000. It is unbelievably simple. It was given to me by someone who has won many contests back in the day - no longer competes and did not mind that I share.

5 parts KC master piece original sauce
    1 part honey
    Add water until a little soupy ( not too much)
    then put in the smoker when you smoke your ribs-- minimum of three hours -

- I just pour it into foil loaf pans and add it to the smoker

I get asked for this recipe all the time and am somewhat embarrassed by its simplicity but who cares

Again - I can not take the credit for it - just wanted to share

This sounds good, and it sure is easy.

Comment

I once read an article which said KC Masterpiece was the #1 BBQ sauce in America, the reason, it's the 'least offensive' .. I mean that in a good way, This sounds like an easy sauce to make. Thanks.

Comment

KC Masterpiece has always been one of my top favorites.
        Simple taste profiles and good on just about everything.
        At my house we thin it down with Squirt pop. It does actually give it a hint of citrus that is killer on pork or chicken.

Comment

Sounds good! I might have to try it some time. I love KC on chicken in the crock pot.

Comment

I remember a day when "bullseye" was too pricey and we had to get the generic stuff. I cant recall the taste of KC masterpiece but i think ive had it.

Comment

• Mosca
              Mosca commented
              Editing a comment
              Sweet molasses, tomato, and liquid smoke.

• HouseHomey
              HouseHomey commented
              Editing a comment
              Mosca sounds good to me.

Thanks for sharing!!

Comment

How many of us are old enough to remember when KCMP first hit the store shelves in the late 70s/early 80s? It was a revelation! I remember buying bottles of it and giving it to family members who didn't have it locally. It's still a really good commercial sauce, IMO.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here