Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old Mule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Mule

I hope this post is in the right place I looked all over and couldn't find any other place I thought might be appropriate. Lol, my question is has anyone ever tried the barbecue sauce called Old Mule. it's a Eastern North Carolina barbecue sauce. My wife seen it online and ordered me some without telling me, now I'm beginning to wonder if it's going to taste good. Lol

Sorry, never heard of it.

Comment

My first thought on seeing the title was "Man, it's gonna take a looong time to get an old mule tender". Sorry, never heard of it. It only has three reviews on Amazon, but they are all 5 star.

Comment

I was corrected by members of my family it's a western North Carolina Barbecue Sauce. The website I think is www.Oldmule.com
        Last edited by Jimmie Rhoden; July 7, 2017, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Be sure to let us know how it tastes!

Comment

Will definitely be doing a review on this, I didn't know the barbecue sauce even exist until the wife found it online. I should receive it somewhere around the 11th or 12th of next week

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1499534001594214497666.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	344439 this is definitely after tasting it a western North Carolina marinade - dipping sauce, this is the original recipe it is not as spicy as I thought it would be but it does have a slight kick to it you can definitely taste the Worcestershire sauce Brown cane sugar the vinegars you don't really taste the fish that they put in it except on the very back of the tongue after it's been swallowed it's not very strong at all I think this is a good sauce I don't know if I would want to cook with it but I'll definitely be dipping my French fries and things like that in it it is a good dipping sauce in my opinion as far as cooking with it on the grill I think it would burn that's just my review in my humble opinion I can't wait to get this on some pulled pork on a sandwich

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1499534503365-644566156.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	344442

Comment

Very nice review, Jimmie!
                  Sounds pretty tasty, mebbe try on a few burgers...or a pulled pork sammich?

Comment

Thanks for the update and review!

Comment

I will let you gals and guys know before the end of this evening. I am cooking some of the fresh country sausage off of the Hogs that I grew out and mixing it in and we're going to find out how it works out for sausage. I don't have any hamburger that would have to be next week's review. I will also be grilling some chicken on the old Weber kettle so I'm going to test a couple of pieces with it also.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                        Mr. Bones commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks Jimmie!
                        Lookin' forward to yer results!

• EdF
                        EdF commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm envious about those sausages. Keep us posted!

Okay we have an update...... This stuff is very good in my opinion for BBQ chicken it is hands-down pretty dad-blame good cook your chicken the last ten minutes through the sauce on it hummmmmmmm. As far as the ground sausage that was a big huge huge failure, but that failure was not on the part of the sauce it was my fault I made a big huge mistake of letting the fire get too hot and burn my sausage up, don't watch TV while you're grilling hamburger size sausage patties. That one was my fault. But guess what I have more sausage patties for tomorrow this Saga is not over yet and I'm going to stop by the grocery store and get me some hamburger meat for a little bit of an experiment with this particular sauce. I am very much under the impression after eating the chicken this particular barbecue dipping sauce is very good on the grill after being cooked.

Comment

I would have posted pictures but nobody wants to see pictures of burnt sausage.lol now asking for the chicken that was eat up so fast I did not have a chance to take pictures. This sauce taste better cooked than it does straight out of the jar on meat. The boys were dipping their french fries in it and said hey Dad this ain't bad either

Comment

Great! Pictures or it didn't happen!

Comment

• Jimmie Rhoden
                            Jimmie Rhoden commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Lol, no pictures but it did happen. I promise I did burn the sausage but the chicken turned out great

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here