Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New twist on a old favorite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New twist on a old favorite

So thanks to a on sloughs at work I don't get to cook much anymore but get time to think. I really like MH kc bbq sauce but always wanted to try a apple flavored sauce but this part of Ohio you have a better chance of finding a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. So been contemplating this most of the week on whether it would work or whether I should just be committed (yeah I already know your answer). So today I went to Wally world and picked up some Ambrosia apples 4 to be exact they are a nice apple with plenty of sweetness to them. To make the sauce is really quite easy cut the apples into quarters add two tablespoons of lemon juice and the easy part I have a vita mix blender toss in the apples and in 40 seconds you have fresh pure apple sauce. Now pour this into a strainer to drain. Now follow Meathead recipe for the KC sauce and omit the ketchup completely. Now the only problem with making the sauce is there is always someone who does not like cooked onions and garlic pieces simple solution I do is after you have cooked and simmered everything down is to toss it into the vita mix turn it on and let it run for a minute, you end up with a nice smooth sauce, beats straining some of it and having different bottles on the table. Now once this is done simmering it will look a little grainy from the apples you can smooth it out in the blender if you want to. I id not change anything on the original recipe except for the apples for the ketchup I do use coarse ground pepper and 1\2 tablespoon of chipotle powder, you will end up with a decent amount of apple juice from draining them which can be used on your pork butts or ribs Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20170407_195738.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	283.3 KB
ID:	301625

Sounds good to me.

Comment

Thanks to Evernote You and it are in My Recipe File Now! Thanks For Posting It! 👍👍👍👍👍
      Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Sounds delicious!
        Thanks!

Comment

I'm a friend of apples. Love just about anything with them. I will have to give this a shot. apples and pork. I think the very first pig must have lived under an apple tree.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here