Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Never failed me yet basic BBQ sauce.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never failed me yet basic BBQ sauce.

I've been using this recipe for over 20 years. I've tried a few other BBQ sauce recipes but they don't get as many requests from my family as this one. I thought I would share it and I would look forward to any suggestions on how it could be altered. I must admit that I enjoy this sauce on everything...even ice cream! (However so far I have always substituted Ribs in place of ice cream)..

1 cup ketchup

1/4 cup white vinegar

1/2 cup brown sugar

2 cloves garlic (or 3 cloves)

1 tbls chilli powder

1 tbls Worcester sauce

1 tsp dry mustard

1/2 tsp kosher salt

1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (more if you like a little more heat)

Bring to a boil on med heat then simmer 20 min

Looks good, I'll give it a go next time.

Comment

I like to sauté an onion in butter before adding the remaining ingredients. I also add a squeeze of 57 sauce, a splash of soy sauce, and, some maple syrup.

Comment

• Papa's Grill
        Papa's Grill commented
        Editing a comment
        Great idea! I'm going to try this to the batch I'm making now!

Thanks for sharing. On my to do list.

Comment

making it right now, with a twist. will post pictures and my additions to your stellar foundation sauce.

Comment

I have been using 3 basic go-to BBQ sauces. Texas BBQ sauce, KC Classic and Huskee's Shawsh. I may have just found a 4th "go to" sauce. Have not tried one yet with white vinegar. Think it's time I did. Thanks Papa.
          BTW, Huskee, if you read this, your Shawsh is Amazing!!

Comment

Thanks fer sharin' yer recipe, I'll give it a try!!!

Comment

Going to give it a try thxxxxx

Comment

Ever try Poncu sauce? Its a Japanese citrus soy sauce. Cross between Worcester and soy sauces with a lemon note. So good you can drink it out of bottle. You can find it king soopers/Kroger/city market stores in Asian food isle.
                maybe smoke garlic or onion and mix in with your sauce.

Comment

I love this recipe for sauce, it is from a rib recipe on Allrecipes I just ignore how they prep the ribs and only use the sauce. I love the taste of the stuff can't stop taste testing the stuff when I make it. your sauce recipe looks really good too, I might have to give it a try.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here