Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jus sauce for Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jus sauce for Brisket

I am looking for a light jus sauce for brisket. I prefer my brisket with no sauce but sometimes on a brisket sandwich, the bread can dry the taste or if the brisket turns out dryer than expected (we all make mistakes!), I would like a sauce to revive it. Any ideas?

Meathead's Texas Mop Sauce is my choice. I would actually use 2/3 that with 1/3 KC Classic for burnt ends. I strain both sauces to get the onion chunks out and I add flour to thicken the Mop sauce when using it straight on the end product.

Dry brisket isn't always a mistake, some are really just dry. The large surface area of the slice invites plenty oxidation also.

http://amazingribs.com/recipes/BBQ_s...mop-sauce.html

Comment

I'll doing a packer this Saturday, and I intend to make the 'Change Your Life Rich Red Wine Sauce' of Meathead's. Is it best suited to Texas brisket? Maybe not, but maybe. Either way it sounds good to me since I'm a wine lover.

Comment

Thanks guys. I will check them both out. I am doing a packer this weekend as well. Perhaps I can do a little of both. I will let you know how it turns out. Jerod - that's true, sometimes dry is just dry. Hopefully I will master a "stand by" sauce that be the hero in those situations! I am leaning towards the mop sauce for the brisket and the wine sauce for my steaks, but this will be a good opportunity to give them a shot. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

The mop sauce worked well! I didn't try the red wine sauce, but will be doing that shortly. I ended up on a chili detour this weekend!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here