Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danny Gaulden's glaze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danny Gaulden's glaze

Hello all!

Hate for my first post to be a question....lol. Will get back to the intro page shortly! I have a couple racks of St. Louis on the smoker and wanted to try Danny's glaze for the first time. When checking ingredients I found that the one on here calls for 3 cups of brown sugar whereas a few others call for 1. Also noticed the other ingredients are a little less but not as much as the brown sugar. Could someone verify. Last min request. Ribs come off about 8:30p Cali time

Welcome alraje

Comment

I would put two cups and roll with that.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        You're fast.

I have not made it but this recipe http://amazingribs.com/recipes/BBQ_s...BBQ_glaze.html does call for ​​​​​​​3 cups brown sugar. Welcome!

Comment

Thanks for the quick responses so far! I actually found the recipe on this site first and have learned through my "stalking" before "legally" signing up....lol That 99.9% of the time what is said here can be counted on. I'm wondering if the other recipes with lessor amounts may be just cutting back to make a smaller batch?? At any rate thanks again for the help. I'll see how it turns out

Comment

Crap, I must be the .1% that can't be trusted.

Welcome, Alraje!

Comment

• alraje
            alraje commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol Shane! Actually I think I saved that .1 for my backyard skills but I'm getting there!
            Thanks for the welcome!

Well here is the outcome. Used 1.5 brown sugar, 1/4 AC Vinegar and 1/4 mustard

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0348.JPG
Views:	181
Size:	226.9 KB
ID:	234706

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Very nice! How was it?

Comment

• alraje
                alraje commented
                Editing a comment
                Honestly......I think the best I've done. Learned a couple of things with this glaze. I'm heavy handed with the rub and sauce. This time went lighter w rub and a light glaze. Turned out MUCH better!

• fuzzydaddy
                fuzzydaddy commented
                Editing a comment
                That's great alraje! Thanks for letting us know!

It's like a martini, you can use as much or little vermouth as you like. My version started with the original from DG and I made only minor adjustments. You can adjust to your taste.

Comment

• CaptainMike
                CaptainMike commented
                Editing a comment
                But always Hendrick's Gin.

• alraje
                alraje commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Meathead. I found that to be VERY true. You learn something new everyday!

• MBMorgan
                MBMorgan commented
                Editing a comment
                CaptainMike - if you're a fan of good gin, I highly recommend an excellent small batch gin (Leopold's American Small Batch Gin) made here in Denver: http://www.leopoldbros.com/leopolds-gins

Welcome to The Pit alraje, I'm glad you got it figured out.

Comment

Thank you Huskee...Makes it a little easier with the help of fellow enthusiasts!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana.

Comment

Hello, I also had a question about this sauce. I made it last night to use on a rack of ribs I'm making tonight. So, when the ribs are done, I simply spread the glaze over the ribs, I don't put them back under direct heat? Just lay it on top and serve?

Thanks

Comment

If you put them on the fire for a short time it will carmalize the sauce and add a little more flavor.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here