Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apple Butter BBQ Sauce by Walnut Creek - Secret Weapon for Pork Chops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple Butter BBQ Sauce by Walnut Creek - Secret Weapon for Pork Chops

Pork Chops are one of my favorites....

Sometimes it is just a dry brine, pepper and sugar, reverse seared, and spoon some melted butter w/ garlic and thyme over them....

But it is hard to beat a good BBQ Pork Chop.... One of my favorites and a secret weapon when it comes to doing chops for friends and family is Walnut Creek's Apple Butter BBQ Sauce. I dry brine, use Meathead's Memphis dust and finish with this.

We all know apple goes great with pork and this sauce isn't real hot and isn't real sweet... just a tad of each and is extremely well balanced for a chop in my opinion. If you get a chance then I recommend picking up a bottle and try it. Haven't tried it on ribs or anything else yet... just chops... Wife says it is Delicious so that is a bonus as well. This may be Kermit's favorite pork chop now that him and Miss Piggy broke up.

Probably not going to find it at Wal-Mart but if you talk to any butcher shop, deli, small grocer, etc... that carries Walnut Creek deli meat and products then they can probably get it for you... they also have a chipotle version that is a bit spicier.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0451.JPG
Views:	254
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	221531

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0449.JPG
Views:	219
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	221532

Looks good, have you compared it to http://amazingribs.com/recipes/BBQ_s...BBQ_sauce.html ?
    Juddlight said he gets awesome reviews with this but I have not tried this yet.

Comment

• Nate
      Nate commented
      Editing a comment
      Sadly I haven't... but I need to... what i really need is some more time to play in the kitchen and make more of MH's sauces.... Took the easy way with this one... Walnut Creek is one of our vendor's at a family grocery store so it was quick and easy.

Yup... never seen any apple butter bbq sauce in a store but the eves pig paint is DA bomb on ribs or pulled pork...meathead is right...people will sin for it lol

Comment

Nate, Your Chops look Excellant! 👍👍👍👍👍 I am going to look for your Walnut Creek Apple Butter BBQ Sauce! I may even try to make some we have lots of Apples! I'll send Eunice out in her spare time to get it going!
      Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• Nate
        Nate commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Dan! They turned out great. Went well with some roasted red potatoes and asparagus!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here