Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sauce for pulled chuckie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sauce for pulled chuckie?

Nekked - on a homemade hamburger bun. That's the way I prefer pulled beef. If I feel like getting fancy, I will spread some butter on the cut sides of the bun and grill it. However, when I serve the beef my way, someone will ask where's the sauce. I've taken to putting out a bottle of commercial sauce, but I'm thinking that I should start making my own. I've read through the sauces here, but none of them scream BEEF!
    So do you have a sauce that you think goes well with pulled beef?
    Thanx ~ Ron

Horseradish Cream Sauce: http://amazingribs.com/recipes/other...eam_sauce.html

Or Tiger Sauce: http://amazingribs.com/recipes/beef/..._pit_beef.html
    Last edited by Craigar; June 9, 2016, 07:14 AM.

Comment

I LOVE the Tennessee Whiskey Hollerin sauce:

Tennessee whiskey is the key to this delicious BBQ sauce recipe, a perfect complement to countless BBQ and grilling main dishes. Aged corn whiskeys have a wonderful sweet vanilla flavor that truly shines in BBQ sauce and we keep the other ingredients to a minimum to showcase the complexity of flavor whiskey provides.

Looking forward to trying the KC Cllassic:

Say so long to bottled BBQ sauce and hello to amped up homemade Kansas City-style sauce with this step-by-step recipe. Thick and sweet, Kansas City barbecue sauce has been a crowd favorite since the introduction of KC Masterpiece in the 70s. Our delicious recipe features multiple layers of flavors, sweets, and heats.

Maybe this weekend

Comment

• Tim E
        Tim E commented
        Editing a comment
        The KC classic recipe is pretty good. A staple in my house. I want to try the hollerin sauce too.

• richinlbrg
        richinlbrg commented
        Editing a comment
        WELL worth trying, Tim E !

Strain the excess fat out of the brisket juice, strain the onions out of a can of Campbells French Onion soup. For every cup of Brisket juice add about 1/2 cup of onion stock. Heat and thicken with a corn starch slurry (1 Tbsp corn starch mixed in 2 Tbsp water, mix more if you want gravy thicker). You can add some BBQ sauce if you like. Head Country is good, needs to be a not-so-sweet sauce.

Comment

• Dr ROK
        Dr ROK commented
        Editing a comment
        That sounds VERY tasty! Thanks for sharing CandySueQ !

• JDenver
        JDenver commented
        Editing a comment
        I really like Head Country. Do you think any of the sauce recipes are along the same lines as HC?

• CandySueQ
        CandySueQ commented
        Editing a comment
        I wish I had an answer, but I don't!

Doing my first chuckie this Sunday. Salt, rub, 225* til 165* internal, crutch to 190 or easy probing...

Does it need faux cambro? Is that about right?

Comment

Thanx all for the suggestions. Now I'm thinking I should try two sauces to give people a choice. At any rate, I'm thinkin' adding some drippings just might be the way to go no matter what sauce(s) I decide to make.

Comment

Potkettleblack , looks about right. I would salt at least 24hrs in advance. The 165 should take you past the stall, so your bark will be pretty well fixed. I think your 190 is low. I'd expect probe tender to be 205ish or a bit higher.

Leave time for a couple hour faux cambro. Makes a huge difference!

Comment

Potkettleblack I would take it closer to 180 internal before wrapping to get better bark, and you'll probably have to go to 205 and maybe to 210 internal because chuck roasts often need a high internal temp to soften and fully render the fat. I would hold in a faux cambro an hour or three. Probe tender is the most important. Here's to some great pulled beef! Let us know how it goes and post some pictures.

Comment

Thanks Fuzzy and Rich.

Comment

For me, all it need are carmelized onions and a little bit of horseradish sauce (our grocery store has Woeber's Sandwich Pal, which is good enough)

Comment

• RonB
                  RonB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Caramelized onions sound great.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here