Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glaze Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Papa Bob
    replied

I like to get a qt. bottle of cherry juice slice a habanero drop it in for two three days reduce to about 1 cup with pepper still in add a little honey nice and thick (kind of syrupy) brush on a thin coat makes it real Purdy and shinny tastes very good cherry goes well with pork

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    commented on 's reply
    My callsign in the USAF was Darwin. Contrary to popular belief flyers don't get glamorous callsigns like Viper or Iceman. They get callsigns based on whatever dumb thing they did that made their buddies laugh around the time their buds considered them worthy of getting a callsign. And before you ask... No, I won't tell you how I earned the name Darwin. The rules for me telling that story are twofold: 1) I have to be inebriated 2) YOU have to be inebriated to the point I think it unlikely you'll remember the story. LOL

• Suburb-e-q
    commented on 's reply
    I should have said "eliminate" the likelihood of problems. K-meta and K-sorbate added to any properly cooked liquid will safely preserve it it for far longer than a day.

• boftx
    commented on 's reply
    I figure if someone can't survive a little botulism it's just evolution in action. (Hmm, could that qualify someone for a Darwin award?)

• Suburb-e-q
    replied
    Thanks guys, I could always add a very small amount of potassium metabisulfate and/or potassium sorbate (also a homebrewer and vinter) to reduce the likelihood of problems, but I'd like to glaze them when I take them off the grill to serve. I'll let you know how it all works out!

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Originally posted by Suburb-e-q View Post
    Hello All,
    ... Now for the question, is it safe to use a glaze that has the wrap liquids in it the next day? I'm thinking yes because all of the microbial nasties should be long gone after four hours of proper cooking.

Thanks!
    Cooked juices from cooked and rested ribs? Yes. As long as they're refrigerated promptly, and reheated properly whether separately or with the ribs to 165 serving temperature. Technically the same juices from the ribs themselves so follow the same reheating procedure.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKGS
    replied
    Though I haven't done this myself, whilst you are probably right that any microbial nasties would be killed in the cooking it can be the case that said nasties spoil the flavour. Just a concern!

Leave a comment:

• Suburb-e-q
    started a topic Glaze Question

Glaze Question

Hello All,
    Lately I've been using the juices leftover from wrapping in my glaze, I guess this is a benefit to actually wrap. Anyway, I use a Danny Gaulden type glaze but I pour all of the liquids in the foil when I unwrap into the glaze, and it's been really good.

So now I have a rib smackdown contest at a work picnic next week. I typically get my ribs to a certain point at home, wrap them for carryover cooking and then throw them on the grill and glaze them. Now for the question, is it safe to use a glaze that has the wrap liquids in it the next day? I'm thinking yes because all of the microbial nasties should be long gone after four hours of proper cooking.

Thanks!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here