Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tennessee Holllerin' sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tennessee Holllerin' sauce

Started making some THWS last night, but the directions got confusing. MH says to sample the whiskey (I use Bourbon) and make sure is OK. I'm not sure when it goes bad, but I kept on testing it to make sure it hadn't. So, to make sure, I also sampled the bourbon that was originally measured out, and would then top it back off. To make sure the bourbon I'd set aside for the second part was still OK, I sampled it, and of course topped it off as well, didn't have enough left in the bottle. had to open another bottle, but that took some time, and not knowing how fast bourbon can go bad, I retested all the measured amount. Eventually I got the sauce made in time for the ribs. They were delicious, I think, but they sure made my head hurt this morning...

wanted to make sauce, directions unclear, got hammered

Comment

• richinlbrg
      richinlbrg commented
      Editing a comment
      Too funny, choffert , and great summary, @duesDingo !

LMAO

choffert, How Did the Hollerin' Go? Inquiring Minds Need to Know? Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• choffert
      choffert commented
      Editing a comment
      Very tasty...my wife and kids prefer sweeter sauce...oh well, more for me!

Yeah I've been known a time or 2 to keep testing myself. Lol.. u get to the point where u forget what your doing..

Comment

Where I come from my friends call it loud mouth. I have never had any go bad yet.

Comment

Gotta test often to make sure it hasn't spoiled.

Comment

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          I check for spoilage nearly every day. So far, none has turned on me. 😀

• DeusDingo
          DeusDingo commented
          Editing a comment
          stay diligent! you never know when it will sour!

It's all about quality control. Except in too many instances, it turns into quantity control on measurements, and there it becomes a Catch-22!

Comment

• choffert
          choffert commented
          Editing a comment
          Well remember, the bigger the sample size, the better the statistical result...

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here