Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bacon Jam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bacon Jam

I've made this a couple of times. Last night I simplified the recipe to the max

1/2 pound bacon cut into 1/2-1/4 inch pieces

cook in heavy skillet on low heat until golden brown and crunchy lift out to drain on paper towels

1 Tablespoon of bacon drippings (save or discard the rest)

Chop one small onion and one clove of garlic peeled. Sweat until clear and soft

Add:

1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
    1/2 cup maple syrup
    1/2 orange juiced, squeezed fresh
    2 tablespoons brown sugar

put the bacon back in the pot.

Cook down until as thick as you want it.

Add Ground pepper and a shot of whiskey. I ran the immersion blender to grind it fine.

I plan on adding this to my pulled pork sauce this weekend at the contest in Sheridan, AR. Last year, I won 1st in pork. Want to do it again!

Great recipe, thanks for sharing, I think I should make this this weekend!

Comment

CandySueQ, Very Interesting, I may have to try it! Good Luck at the BBQ this weekend. Dan

Comment

• CandySueQ
        CandySueQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks!

Got 3rd with Pulled Pork with Bacon Jam Sauce this weekend! I'm not certain I'll do it again. Got some good feedback from the fellow I swap BBQ for knife sharpening with. He said the pork was really "different." Good, but not "normal." My "normal" pork last year was 1st place...
      Click image for larger version

Name:	PK.JPG
Views:	168
Size:	193.8 KB
ID:	114417

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here